Fibromyalgia and Yoga

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Does anyone find that yoga helps with their fibro or makes it worse or has no affect at all.

I know everyones fibro is different so one persons experience may not be the same for me, i just wanted others info.

​I can't do normal exercise as i pass out if i over do it so thought something gentle like yoga might do me some good.

Any advice would be great.

​Thanks​

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is something called restoreative yoga which has gentle yoga exercises.  Or at least ones you can pick and choose from.  I find the breathing exercises are easy!!!  lol  I like yoga excercises I can do standing up, and I think they help a lot when they are gentle and stretch some of those muscles.  Just start with a couple of exercises you think you can handle and then work your way up.  Good luck
    • Posted

Hi debbie, thanks for your reply, i googled yoga for beginners and as you may know there where hundreds..lol.. so i read a few of the reviews and came across one that roxy shahidi (layla from emmerdale) did called, AM/PM yoga for beginners, there was a review that said it was very basic, was a lot about breathing and low grade movement. the am portion was to awaken the body and the pm one was to relax you for sleep and it had 5 modules to pick and cjoose from.. i thought that sounded perfect for me to start with. nothing to strenuous.

​will just see what happens.. i guess..

​Thanks debbie.

• Posted

You probably know this but I forgot to mention, just google restorative yoga or gentle yoga and you will find lots of exercises to pick from.  
  • Posted

If you have the energy to try something like yoga then it can't hurt, could help, go you, I'd try anything good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.