Fibromyalgia, constant pain no relief

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been dealing with fibromyalgia for about 8 years only getting worse. I have arthritis and few disc issues. I was put on Zoloft only for it to cause me to gain 50 lbs so I decided to get off and sadly I experienced every withdrawal symptoms possible, that then created me to have panic attacks. I would have muscle spasms and that would tighten so bad around my rib cage I couldn't breathe and ended in er. They have me a shot of toradol I think it's called and burned so bad couldn't lift my arm however it helped briefly. Now I've been in pain 2 weeks around my rib cage and stomach. Can't even lay on my back. Feels like when u cough so much ur ribs get so

sore.I've been to so many drs md I'm mentally and emotionally and physically drained.i know loosing weight will help but I wish there was a way to get some relief anyone have similar issues!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I too had suffered from severe muscle spasms. They would knock the wind out of me. I actually had one at the doctor's office so he got to see first hand what I was talking about. They are excruciating and sudden. I have dropped everything from my hands a few times and had to take a knee. You are not mental. Just sick.

• Posted

So what did they finally do for you to help with that? Every time I move wrong it makes me jump this bad is horrible. I feel like Im not living ugh
    • Posted

I did change my diet and lost weight. Like you I put on almost 50 lbs. Doc said i was overweight and not obese. So losing the weight will be a little easier on the body but not significant enough to stop the pain. By removing sugar, caffeine and such will help more and drop some weight as a bonus.

Lots of water to keep hydrated. Chair yoga and yoga ball. Sounds silly but stretching really does help.

Epson salt and baking soda baths detox your muscles. 20 min 3 times a week. Magnesium calcium and zinc . Take 2 pills at night and great before bed. Helped with restless leg too. When my spasms were at their worst I would split it up so I could take it during the day and night but made me even more tired so I just doubled up at night.

• Posted

Thank you I will def try because I'm at an end and I just have run out of options

• Posted

Hi Juliet. I'm so sorry this is happening but your not alone . When going off mess these things do happen . My Dr told me to use Ibuprofen when that happens and it helps somewhat. It's better then nothing. But you need to take it slow right now and rest when you can. Heat helps ease the pain and spasms. I too suffer the same and anxiety too. It's all from the pain being out of control. Try doing some very simple stretches as it does help with the spasms. Hope this helps you. From snoopy .

• Posted

Thank you, most days I feel alone and get so tired of everyone mad because I'm in pain and have to explain it over and over it gets me more annoyed. No one understands

• Posted

Has anyone tried Malic Acid as well as Curcumin/tumeric?
    • Posted

I haven't tried the malic acid. I take tumeric and was thinking of switching to curcumin it's the actual ingredient that helps with the inflammation. Haven't tried it yet so I can't say which is better.

Also, I take SAM e it helps to increase cartilage thickness but it also increases serotonin. It helps with mood. I decided to try it cause I didn't want Cymbalta. Can definitely see a difference when taking it. You can't take it if you are on an antidepressant. Start low and then you can work your way up as needed. It can be pricy so I get it when it goes on sale for buy one get one free at my local drug store.

• Posted

Hi

I have a friend who takes timeric and they actually told me they have been without pain and I'm def interested in trying it

• Posted

It helps but does not take it away completely. From what I've been reading circumin is now becoming more readily available and has shown great success.

• Posted

Malic acid plus magnesium is good as well with curcumin
    • Posted

There's a product called Curcumin Extra Strength and Curcumin +OPC. I just started both plus another one And it has helped . I already do 800mg of magnesium a day and I just added the malic acid. Fingers crossed it all keeps working. I'll post updates as it does. Still need to get better sleep but I'm working on that

• Posted

Yeah. I take magnesium as well. Lover it. I will have to read up on malic acid.
    • Posted

I did tons of research on it. People seem to do very well on it...but everyone is different. I just started it so I will update as things progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.