Fibromyalgia Diagnosis at last - seems weird to be relieved!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Fibro Friends,

I have just got in from my Rheumatology appointment and have a diagnosis of fibromalgia - at last.  I was 70% sure I had it before i joined this forum,  that went up to 80% when I received answers from you lovely people, and that gave me the courage to insist that i get a referral. Fibro 100% - confused - eek - rolleyes - mad - cry. As you can see I have mixed emotions, mainly due to being so exhuasted. 

I would like to thank you all for replying to my earlier posts, before my diagnosis.  I am pleased that, despite the horrors of this syndrome, I officially belong to the most supportive group on here. 

Going to have a well earned sleep now,  will be back on here soon.

Love and thanks

Elaine xx

5 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

so pleased for you a diagnoses at long last. Its a relief to get a diagnoses but at the same time reality hits with what we have to deal with day in day out. You have our support we will help each other through it. take care gentle hugssmile x
  • Posted

Hello Elaine. After replying to your earlier posts,I wondered how your appointment with Rheumatologist went. At last you have a diagnosis which is better than playing the guessing game Well done.. I also had some "good" news to~day. I went for my appointment with Urologist(have had loads of kidney & waterwork problems over the years). He noticed that my posture was bad last time I saw him,6 months ago I asked my GP then  for an appointment with a Rheumatologist but. he offered me Tai Chi and said he'd take me dancing!!!  In other words no. At to~day's appointment with Urologist my posture and pain were much worse.I could hardly sit down and then could hardly get up out of the chair. He said my Uro tests were clear but wanted to know  what GP was suggesting for me.So I told him!!! He said that he thought I'd benefit from seeing a Rhemotologist and he'd be writing to my GP reccommending him to send me to see one. I could have kissed him~but I didn't!!! At last. But what a roundabout and convoluted way to get a result. To say I'm annoyed with my GP is an understatement. So,we've both made some progress this afternoon. Once again.well done~hope you enjoy your well earned sleep. Best wishes Dot X
    • Posted

Hi Dotcon

Well hopefully your Urologist will get your GP to refer you to a rhuematologist.  Great news that your results came back clear too.

It's great news all round.  Kepp us posted with the progress from your rheumatologist. 

Gentle hugs and take care wink xx

• Posted

Thank you Bee, Yes,I'll certainly keep you posted. I have been told by a poster(i must find their name as I'm so grateful to them)on this very informative site, that there is a connection between Fibro and Urinary problems. Watch this space. Thanks again Dot x
  • Posted

Great News that finally you have the answers you have been waiting for.  At least now you know what the pains are.

Remember to take one day and moment at a time, and keep away from stress if possible.  If you can also give CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) a go.....it may help with the mindfulness of the thought process.

We are all here for you.  Gentle hugs and take care wink xx

• Posted

We'll done you Ella, I know what you mean about being relieved...I celebrated when I finally diagnosed it only took abou 10 years of symptom treating..it must be sooo hard for the doctors to just diagnose us quickly when we present with sooo many differing things..,however you'd think they would refer you to a Rhumo...quicker??now you can get on with your life and stop worrying about what's wrong with you,,,,stress is such a bad trigger for Fibro...hooe you get on the right meds for you very soon..have a lovely day ela..be blessed:-) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.