Fibromyalgia Doctor

Posted , 4 users are following.

I want to my new primary care doctor yesterday and she referred me to a fibro doctor. Has anybody else been to fibro doctor. What do they do for you give you meds, treatments, talk to you about what they can do. Any advice or stories will help thanks and have a good day.smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi mary...i was on vacation in florida last year and was in a very bad way, could hardly walk up the stair at my condo.....i went to emerg. and saw a rheumatologist 3 times he told me, i also had 'myofascitis' i had painful trigger points all over my body...he put me on amytripelene and gabapentin, as well a an all plant food diet...it really helped...but i stopped everything after a month when we went back to toronto....right now i am on a low dose of Lyrica....hope this helps,
    • Posted

so did you go to your regular doctor and they recommended u 2 a rheumatologist or did you go to your fibro doctor and they recommended you to a rheumatologist. Sorry I get confused easy thanks for the info.
    • Posted

hi again...i saw the rheumatologist in Florida on vacation. but here in Toronto i am seeing a Neurologist every 3 months and my family doctor inbetween. my neurologist didn't give me an answer when i asked him if i should see a neurologist and also no answer when i asked because i need a walker is this a severe case of fibromyalgia...still no answer he just kept writing in my file...so really i don;t have a complete diagnosis, i only succumb to fibro because in 2001 thats what they said it was, but i was no where near this bad, however, for 3 months back then i did have trouble walking and i suppose i should of used a cane...so it take it now day by day..
  • Posted

never heard of a fibro doctor, let me know how you get on will be interested if they differ from a rhumetolgist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.