Fibromyalgia have I got it?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello I have had alot of pain and stiffness lately plus elevated blood results. I have been looking up fibromyalgia and have read alot of things that relate to me. I Have had anxiety & health anxiety for a while now, I then started getting terrible headaches, joint pain and stiffness especially in my legs, I get the odd leg pain, also suffered alot with neck pain and stiff neck. I also get back pain and basically just aches and pain in all different places. I suffer also with IBS and was just wondering how I go about getting a diagnosis or help looking into fibromyalgia? Also does fibromyalgia give elevated blood results of inflammation? I am at my wits end the doctors don't know why Im getting these pains an aches nor why my bloods are elevated. Thanks.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chelsea. Sounds very much like the symptoms of FM. Ask your doctor to send you to a Rheumatologist. He will be able to do an accurate diagnosis. Inflammation is very present with this condition. Don't despair sweetie. Even if it is Fibromyalgia, it is very manageable. I myself do not take meds for the pain and other symptoms. I have managed the condition in a holistic way with diet and supplements, short sunbaths and mild exercise. Your emotions will play a pivotal part in manageing it as well. Stress is a big factor. So getting emotional help either in the way of journalling or talking with a trusted friend or therapist, or some self help literature, can have a very positive effect. You are by no means alone dear. So many are dealing with this and with much worse conditions. One step at a time my dear. x

• Posted

Hello been too the doctors again today who has told me my neck and back pain is due to bad postire and am due to see a doctor who deals with that stuff on 2nd and also my headaches and face poain is due to a chronic sinisitus which I have been givne pills too take for 2 months he said that is also why bloods could be raised as the sinus cavities are inflammed. Thanks for the reply.
  • Posted

Hi Chelsea 

if you have elevated inflammation in your bloods this should send alarm bells to the GP as well as your experiencing joints pain and aches. As others have said there are many conditions that mimic fibro and doctors do like to blame things on fibro as they can't find a definitive answer. There is a blood test for rheumatoid arthritis which your GP can do. But you could possible be sero negative. If I where you I would push for that referal and when you see the consultant do not be fobbed off. Have all tests necessary and write down all your symptoms etc. I'm on my fourth rheumatologist and finally getting somewhere! I have health anxiety and know exactly how it feels and also the feel of the GP looking at you as if your making it all up. Don't give up. You know your body. 

• Posted

Hello thanks for the reply I am going back to the doctors tomorrow and will be pushing too get everything possible especially a referal to a rheumatologist. Thank you
    • Posted

Hi Chelsea - keep us posted! We certainly learn from each other and there's so much to learn. It's amazing how some doctors are so far behind in the cause, treatment and effects of Fibromyalgia. I honestly feel some are still in denial that Fibromyalgia is a legitimiate medical condition.

I have been managing my fibromyalgia since 1987 and for the most part, doctors run to the pen and script pad and that's the end of it. We learn from other's experiences and get inspired from each other's successes. 

Thank you....

• Posted

Hiya thanks for the reply have been too the doctors today who has said  I have chronic sinusitus and thats why my bloods are raised he has given me more pills too take for 2 months and too go back. He examined my nose and mouth and thats what he said I had so I assume that's what I have lol. He said the pains I get in my neck are due too my postire and am due too see another doctor who deals with things like that on 2nd of nov and due for further bloods the same week, so fingfers crossed but I am not holding out for much. Take care x

• Posted

Chelsea I had chronic sinusitis and epstein barr for many years before getting fibromyalgia. I felt like I was in a fog, constantly congested, sinus pressure and headaches. But you mentioned that you also are having leg pain. That doesn't fit the poor posture, weight, or wrong bra. Please journal your symptoms so that something doesn't get over looked. Keep us posted at to what the eye doctor says. I have those floaters too and have to make an appointment to have mine checked. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Kiki what are floaters? I missed something.
    • Posted

Hiya yeah I get leg pain mainly knee pain but I have for over 10 years my mum also got it bad at my age too so not sure if its something she passed down to me. Seems too be worse in cold weather and when I am due on. Yeah I have sinus pressure and always cingested and get this horrible white stuff of a morning rolleyes lol. Im at opticians tomorrow so will let you know haven't long been tested think it was in july/august but just made another appointments as was getting floaters I also have a slight augtism inb my left eye but nothing serious. xx

• Posted

They are bits you can see floating in your eye when you look at things its mainly when i look at the sky or look at something which is white. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.