Fibromyalgia help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. This is the first time I've asked about my Fibromyalgia problems. I was

diagnosed about 11 years ago. I never realized how many other problems

can be related to fibro. It started with joint pain and fatigue. Every diagnosis I

received over the years surprised me to learn was related to Fibromyalgia.

Chest pains, costal chondritis. Intestinal problems including nausea, diarrhea,

constipation, and intestinal pain, IBS. MIGRAINES! Wow, those are bad. Also

dealing with arthritis, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, memory loss, vertigo and a few

others. I'm not sure if those are related. So if you're just getting started, it's a

rough ride. I was always an active person. Working out 5-6 days a week.

Not skinny, but healthy. I have been hearing from doctors for 11 years how

exercise eases Fibromyalgia pain. Bull crap. If it does, I have not been able to

figure out the balance. I'm always in pain even if I just start walking short

distances. Every once in a while I feel OK and go crazy getting things done.

I love working hard. It makes me feel like my old self. But then I'm in bad

shape for days. Does anyone have any advice on how to get exercise and feel

normal again? I want to cut grass and plant flowers and do some spring

cleaning. I feel useless.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello? Is anybody out there?
  • Posted

Hi Kathy like yourself I've had fibro now for 4 yrs. And it is a learning curve all the time. When first diagnosed after I damaged my arm I was in so much pain bla bla. I started on some heavy painkillers and wasn't in a good place at all I could hardly get out of bed in the morning. I Started taking herbal supplements. Turmeric, omega 3, multi vitamin and so on. Did a weekly detox treatment or massage. Finally began to feel better in myself. Started a weekly exercise group for more mature people and it was good. No pressure but omg. No matter how slow I took it I was in pain for 3-4 days later. So stopped that. Started going out a walk just little at a time. But same happened would floor me for few days. So I know where your coming from. Just take it easy. Little at a time and breaks in between. Yes you will feel useless as I did. I eventually got my eldest daughter to help me with gardening and together we get all the little jobs done. Take care ?.

• Posted

Thanks so much for responding suz. I always thought about

reaching out on these message boards. After 11 years I'm glad

I did. It is just so depressing to be that active and then barely

any activity at all. It's just nice to know someone understands.

Thanks. I'll keep trying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.