Fibromyalgia In Bones???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can i feel fibromylagia pain that seems like its coming from my bones, or is this a sign of something else?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel so many different pains from every diff part of my body. The docs always say they can't find anything else so they refer back to fibromyalgia. smh idk.

• Posted

Hiya, sorry to hear you are not doing so well.Just to share - I have osteoarthritis as well as fibro and they feel just the same. For example what feels like arthritis in my hips isn't...it is fibro causing the pain apparently. I also have random pains in long bones, eg pain in both my shin bones at the moment, also some of the bones in my feet and my ribcage. It is such a complex illness and as we know, we are trying to figure things out on our own a lot of the time. I don't know if that helps...I just try to be accepting of any 'new stuff' and try to keep going. All best wishes.

• Posted

Fibromyalgia is muscle/tissue pain, not bone related, although the pain can be comprehensive in many parts of the body so may feel like bone pain but it's definitely not originating from the bone. The term Fibromyalgia literally just means 'muscle pain' - it's a generic term doctors use to ascribe a non specific cause - The term "fibromyalgia" is from New Latin fibro-, meaning "fibrous tissues", Greek myo-, "muscle", and Greek algos, "pain"; thus, the term literally means "muscle and fibrous connective tissue pain, a cover all term for a pain syndrome where no cause or other illness can be found.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.