Fibromyalgia or something else? Pain in thigh, entire left leg including knee, pain when movingit

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I have a history of fibromyalgia, but this pain is a bit different. It’s started a few days ago and gradually got worse. Started as a pain in the buttocks, and it hurts when I put pressure on my leg with my hand. It is also stiff to the touch. I can describe it as being an ache and that it’s been run over by a car. Is this simply just another bout of fibromyalgia, or maybe something more? Quite worried, any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's always best to check with your doctor when you have a new pain.

That said, I have aching in my thighs that I've been told was due to the fibro. I also recently started having intense pain, also starting in my buttock - the left side - and traveling down my leg. It's sciatica and it comes and goes.

• Posted

hi I have FIBRO as well and GCA, PMR the last 6 months increasing pain right side bad pain, left side pain but not as bad. I had ultra sound of leg turns out got slight calcification now going to see vascular surgeon at least I know now what is causing pain.

• Posted

I think its probably just another bout of fibromyalgia although you could get it checked out to be sure. Seems that all sorts of pain crops up at times. Never free.

Keep smiling. From Josephine.

• Posted

It certainly sounds like "sciatica" to me.

Fibro has I think, 18 tender spots. Do a Google to find out more. This may help to clarify that it is Fibro or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.