Fibromyalgia pain?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed some time ago with fibromyalgia , but I have pain in my hips my hands ankles and arms just recently I have had an X-ray of hips and lower back and nothing wrong just wondering if this is fibromyalgia ? Some days it stops me in my tracks and is very painful . 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there hun have u seen a remotoligist sorry about spelling as i have fibro but also get chronic arthritis as well in hands hips ankles lower back and shoulder this doesnt show on normal xray as mine didnt you have to have a scan of muscles and that just and idea there for you but fibro does cause pain their too hun 

best wishes 

cherl

• Posted

I had a ct scan on hands and had X-ray on hips and lower back was told normal wear and tear gp just sent me on my way with a number for  physio so unsure of what to do next  .. I am on amitriptyline which only makes me more tired than I already am ..
    • Posted

How ever do you  stay awake ? I'm tired all day on the 20 mg . Just hips and hands so painful at the moment sounds like the medication doesn't do the trick even on the strength your on ...
    • Posted

I take mine at 8.30 at night...helps me have a pain free good nights sleep, then I can handle anything that Fibro throws at me..
    • Posted

To be honest I am not sure I ever get to sleep but they wanted me to go from 75 to 150 but I decided to take it one extra pill at a time.

I go to a hyperbaric chamber in the morning's and this a good reason to get up every morning but if I am really bad like yesterday I can't get up before midday or later.

• Posted

Yes my problem is getting up in morning.Its getting worse day by day,been through alot of tests and they cant find nothing hurts all the time
    • Posted

I was diagnosed at the hospital and given amitriptyline and that's it no advice or any other tests but my hips some days are so bad just have to rest..
    • Posted

Hi there

Id suggest you go back to Gp get them to tell you about everything and also get proper medcation and that

good luck hun

Cherl

• Posted

welcome to the wonderful world of the fibro club . yes it does effect nearly every part of the body including hips and feet and ankles the worst pain i get is in my feet.

• Posted

Fibro often makes one feel like a semi trailer has run over them-sire all over body, however I have hand, ankle and knee pain but I also have arthritis in them..perhaps a scan may help..like it did me..being informed of what it really is-very helpful..
  • Posted

Hi everyone.. I've been fighting with pain the majority of my life. I thought I was crazy. People thought I was crazy. People would tell me I can't hold pain.And would make fun of me. I just turned 30 years old. I recently saw my doctor as we did all scans and nothing shows up. My bones crack a lot sometimes it's painful sometimes I don't feel it sometimes it feels good. The cold destroys me completely. I get sick a lot and easily. I get electricity or like shattered glass all over my body. Or it feels like tingles. So I don't want to be touched. I get aggravated easy. My doctor placed me on duloxetine Dr 30mg. This is the 7th day and idk how to feel. My body still twitches I can't stay still... Yesterday it was really cold and I took two and nothing my arm felt as if it was going to fall off.... Clothes irritate me... I feel very unbalanced. It feels like the meds are blocking it but I still feel it. Has this happened with u all with any medications. And I'm scared about this I can't believe I have this. But at the same time a relief. But the medicine I see the side effects are horrible. It's like worse then the problems u got already. What has worked for u all or are u all still finding the right medications? Thanks 
    • Posted

Amatriptoline- called(Endep) in Oz...hope you get sorted, please don't ever feel that your crazy..and certainly don't worry about others that think you are....it's their problem if they don't understand., not yours, unfortunately Fibro has soo many varied symptoms... it takes years sometimes too get on the right meds let alone get a diagnoses...good doctors will research the knowledge if they have a patient that presents with any of the symptoms, if they didn't know already.. Hope all goes better for you real soon...:-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.