fibromyalgia symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Their are over 100 symptoms of fibromyalgia what symptoms have you experienced so far with fibro.

3 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Kaz. I have all 18 pressure points that are checked active. I have lower back pain constantly. I have disturbed sleep. Fibro fog, great when trying to remember things. I have dropsy, the number of plates, cups, glasses deceases by the day. I have falls and walk like a drunken sailor, problems with my ear's and have had a frozen shoulder which I now have a boney spur in which catches the nerve every so often. I also suffer from depression, I have actually managed to reduce the dose down to 10mg, good as 12 months ago I was on 40mg. Have you found though that every time you are referred to the hospital that its always "it's your fibromyalgia". I was discharged from a Rheumatologist as they could not do any more for me, but if I had been referred in another 10 years they would know exactly how to treat it as they would have a greater understanding of the problem. Gentle hugs. Janet
    • Posted

I forgot all about the sleep issues; I've always slept like a log! Now I wake continuously, sometimes due to pain but sometimes for no reason, just cant seem to sleep deeply and am easily disturbed.  No wonder we feel exhausted all the time.  I hadn't even connected the clumsiness with fibro - I thought it might just be my arthritis in my thumbs but I do tend to knock stuff over nowadays, even if I'm not holding it.
    • Posted

Hi Janet I have found everything is put down to the fibro I too have Ibs I had it for 3 days last week. last friday I had anightmare of a day everything I picked up I kept dropping broke a cup a plate 2 glasses. it didnt matter what I tried to pick up I just kept dropping it really got annoyed with my self over it. but it cant be helped.I have the full 18 pressure points. I havnt had the frozen shoulder. I am having trouble with my hands trying to grip things and in alot of pain with them the joys of fibro take care gentle hug
  • Posted

Hi Kaz

Mine started in roughly 2010 I spent nearly 18 months toing and throwing with many a Dr at the surgery before I saw the one I am now with who drew the line and referred me to the Rheumatologist in 2012. Chronic fatigue, head, scalp, neck both shoulders, tennis elbow, hands, fingers, tightenings of the chest, pelvis, lower abdomen, scar of caesarean, hips, upper and lower leg spasms, ankle, heels and down the outer side of both feet there is nerve damage caused through experimental medication which so many put impact on the feet where I drew the line and couldn't bear the agony to put my foot to the floor. This happened with pregablin and most recently 900mg 3 x day with gabapentin. Nothing the GP tries ever relieves the total day to day agony of this horrible illness. I was also referred to Anxiety and Depression service and given books and timetable to do for CBT but too much stress as a whole for anybody to give me supportive answers now waiting to see pain psychologist and have mobility for orthotic for left hand/wrist 28th July how is urgent is that given original referral not received was emailed in March to say I am chomping at the bit is an understatement. The update from visit to GP Friday is that I have a very inflamed scalp got lotion to put on he has changed my hayfever medication to 2 cetirizine a day and is trialling me on Sertraline but already finding an impact on my stomach from these changes no specific guidance as to best time to take the Sertraline and on 50mg dose higher than previous ones been on. Was also diagnosed with IBS 2013. Suggested to up my Omeprazole because everything I eat just repeats back up. I also get digestive problems and problems swallowing even tablets most days hence why am very careful what I eat. Hope this helps a little.

• Posted

Hi Julia Anything my dr has tried me on Ive had severe reactions too so Im not taking any tablets. My gp said she wasnt happy me not having anything for pain. But Im just so sick of all the dreadful side affects Ive to endure. so I just use a hot water bottle Ive taken Ibuprophen but that has no affect to be honest. Ive tried over the counter tablets also.I have IBS I had it for 3 days last week.I havnt had tennis elbow, but have had problems with my chest which ended up me being taken to A&E with a suspect heart attack. All tests came back ok.I have problems swollowing and on numerous occassions Ive had choking fits where I was fighting for my breath.Im so pleased for you that the dr was able to give you something for your scalp problem. hopefully that will help sort the problem.Its ridicoulous the ammount of time we have to wait for appointments. when my gp has put urgent on anything its been months months waiting for an apointment to come to be seen?. all we can do is take each day as it comes personally speaking my own experience with fibro nothing has really helped me and worked for me.that isnt too say it would be like that for any 1 else. Im just trying to cope with it the best way I can mostly through  gritted teeth. ata least we have each other for support on here take care ggentle hugs 
    • Posted

Hi Julia. I have also been referred for cognitive behavioural therapy. Worked while I was seeing them, but once you get a distance away its a lot harder to try and do. I take gabapentin 1200mg 3 times a day, doesn't get rid of the pain we do seem to wait ages for appointments. It's as though they see fibro and think that can wait. Gentle hugs. Janet
    • Posted

Hey Kaz cheesygrin have you tried Butrans patches? They may be a bit strong for you and are possibly a last resort but might be worth asking your doc. My husband uses a thing from the TV on his arthritic knee, it works wonders for him. I have wondered about trying it myself but wouldn't know where to put it lol
    • Posted

Hi shelaghsmile my dr tried me on patches a month a go. I had such a bad reaction to it. That my husband had to ring our shrop doc for advice as it was out of hours. I ended up very ill and in bed for over a week it caused me to have a flare up.? Ive given up now just try as best as i can in dealing with the pain.Whats the thing your husband uses for his arthritic knee?
    • Posted

Hi Janet how does cognative behaviour therapy work, did it help you did it make a real difference for you. take care gentle hugsmile
  • Posted

Yes, I have headaches, blurry vision at times and sensitive to light, tinnitus, neck and shoulder pain, pain round my ribs and lower back, bad hip pain which it doesn't matter what I do is still there, and very bad foot pain so that I limp around the house. I also get pains in my abdomen like little knots that move about, and my elbow and finger joints have started aching and are stiff (and its not even winter yet!) I also have depression and short term memory loss, and find I can't work things out if they are complicated, as well as what I call an over heated brain when my mind gets upset and goes furiously round and round on a subject, does anyone else have this?

It's really rough when you have so many things wrong that you can't remember them all rolleyes

• Posted

I have that problem too when mind just seems to be set on a subject, i cant get m y brain off it. I hate that when that happens. The other day I was doing some washing and also put a tea bag in a cup to do me a drink. instead of pouring the conditioner in the washer I poured in the cup with my tea bag in another time I poured milk in the softlan container. I was so worried at the different things I kept doing. That I went to see my gp who sent me to see a memory nurse for me to do tests incase I was starting with alzimers. The nurse told me I was the 8th person she had seen that had fibro and that we were all having the same problemsrolleyes it was put down to the fibro not alzimers
    • Posted

Yes, it's always a worry that a symptom or two may be from something else, and it's good to hear I'm not the only one with an overheating brain.

I mixed up some Pathclear the other day and went and happily sprayed some weeds in the garden, came back indoors to find that I had forgotten to put the chemicals in my container, and had in fact been doing no more than watering my weeds!

I think the best thing to do is to try and relax about it all and not to worry, we have enough to deal with without putting extra stress on ourselves. All we can do is be kind to ourselves.

• Posted

stress worrying doesnt help it can make our condition worse. If I do something silly now I just try to laugh it off 
  • Posted

Hi Kaz. Forgot the digestive problems, fatigue and definitely the forgetfulness, even down to pouring a drink and walking away without it.
    • Posted

Ive done that many a time Janet done me a drink forgotten about it, I real problems with swollowing and on quite few occassions had chokeing turns which were very frightening as it left me fighting for my breath. Fibro throws so many different symptoms at us it affects every part of our body but all we can do is take a day at a time and get through each day as best we can. at least on here we have each other for support and at least we know what each other is going through. Im feeling quite low today. still onwards upwards take care gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.