fibromyalgia with breast and pelvic pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i have been told i have fibromyalga and i have been having bad pelvic pain, they have given me 2 ultra sounds one to check ovaries and another for a hernia. both ok!! but i have this pain on the left sometimes a dull ach or a drag and when seated feels like i have a small orange inside me as seated i get a crushing/pressure feeling. i also have on the left where my bra is a big swollon area my bras hurt my breast is tender and i have had a shooting pain at night into my nipple all on the left side. i cant wear a bra it hurts under my arm where the bra sits and when seated my pelvis area is in pain. ( along with the regular sff joints and bone pain in arms and legs ) anyone have any of this ?? im sick of going drs for tests as everytime i add another symtom do i lead them down the wrong path? or are the looking in wrong places as i dont say all my symtoms because they might not be related? they must think im a time waister at the drs !! upsets me becaus before this i hadnt been for over 25 years!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have similar symptoms . Been to GP 7 times since Xmas and like yourself I am not a regular attended. All started with a Uti which I just couldn't get rid of with antibiotics. Have had ultrasounds and kidneys etc have all been found to be normal. Have also had cystoscopy on bladder which was normal. I also have a tugging/pulling pain in lower right pelvis along with a whole host of pains around my body, legs, hips' buttocks,upper back, head, arms. Due to go back to see GP tomorrow and will query fibromyalgia.

• Posted

im worried about something in my bowel now as i have had problems that way too but i didnt know if thats a side affect of all the meds i take. im so scared of a boy who cried wolf situation!
    • Posted

Yes I have had bowel issues as well but according to what I have read fibromyalgia can also bring on ibs and urinary symptoms. It's the pelvic pain that really concerns me though. It's not my ovaries as I have had to ultrasounds and they were normal I also had a hysterectomy 17 years ago.

• Posted

I have been having some weird feelings on my left side.  I feel like there is something there.  Like I always feel my stomach growl also, it is hard to explain.  In the summer I had horrible left hip pain and back low pain, it was unbearable when I would get up I could not even bend down to get something, If I did I could not get up, I ended up going to PT and stuff but it was weird the pain moved sometimes it was low pelvic then would radiate around.  Sometimes I feel like this growl on left is like a fluttering type thing,  I had ct of abd and chest and such and nothing was seen.  I didn't have the tests because of this but I had then for a pneumonia I had on left.  It seems everything is on my left side.  It is like a flutter like something is loose, bizarre,  I am trying to tell myself there is nothing there and I am nuts, but I am obsessed with it.  But I do have all sorts of other issues, like pain, joint , muscle, facial flushing and the list goes on

• Posted

Wow. You just explained my symptoms, except I have stiffness in my spine and sometimes the fluttering feeling has a sound also.  It scares me to death because I don't know what it is. I've had abdominal & pelvic ultrasounds & pelvic exams.All were normal...

• Posted

Sounds like it might well be fibro. I've had pain pretty much everywhere over the past three months and my doc thinks I've got fibro. Two of my most consistent areas of pain sound similar to yours - hips/groin/lower back and chest/upper back/armpits. Wish my doc had done some tests to make sure, he's referred me to a rheumatologist but it's a 16 week wait on the NHS.

• Posted

I frequently get pains in either side of my uterine area. My OB hypothesized that I was just over sensitive to feeling my eggs shift during ovulation but this has never happened to me before. I also get pressure and sometimes shooting pains during intercourse (sorry if that's TMI) that comes and goes. With my breasts I will sometimes feel like someone stabbed me in the nipple and it hurts really bad. I was diagnosed with fibro last month after struggling with widespread pain that includes my hips/groin/lower back/upper back and everywhere else. I hope that you are able to get an answer and I am here if you ever need some help!

Hope you have a blessed daysmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.