FibroWoke

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 25 years old, and over weight I gained 40 pounds while being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been exercising and losing weight slowly but consistently. Today as I was walking my leg gave out and I fell.... It was a little embarrassing but mostly it scared the crap out of me. My muscles had been so weak and sore from exercising hard this morning, but I never thought my fibromyalgia would keep progressing even though I was losing weight. I guess I just scared because I'm 25 and I always feel indestructible....now o just know I'm broken.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Fibromyelgia will never disappear but doing many things can help to manage it like wot your doing by exercising and losing weight... Have you had bloodtests to rule out other stuff too? I'm off for bloods today.

• Posted

Yes I have had alot to rule out lupus, arthritis, and other things. Everything came back negative is there anything specific they tested you for??
    • Posted

Hi Tiana, iv had fibromyelgia for about 4 years and my mum had lupus, rheumatoid, raynards and diabetes and hormones, thyroid, these they haven't checked me for, iv pretty much managed the best I could but a year and a half ago it started getting much worse and I had to give up work and not long after my brother passed away unexpected then my mum 2 months later which stopped my periods which have now come back but every 2wks so I pretty much think it's excellarated from the trauma but they want to make sure, I sleep at the drop of a hat and if I stay home I hurt but 10 times worse if I go out for appointment or shopping so shop online now and only out when really have too, the cramps in my hands are horrendous at the moment very painful x I'm glad urs come back clear x

• Posted

I do alot of online shopping as well, I do anything to afford walking around aimlessly in stores because it makes me so tired. I'm glad there doing a work up to check on you. Let me know when ever thing comes back! I hope things get better!

• Posted

Shopping makes me so tired too! I feel like I'm usually gone at least 3x as long as I need to be. I hate trying on clothes. I'm not a normal female in her 20s, mall trips are just not fun! 😦

• Posted

Hi Tiana

Fibro is nasty. You might want to ease a little on exercise. I know it’s hard. I too am overweight and have Fibro.   I exercise but so much and more times. So instead of 1/2 hour of walking I walk 10 min twice a day.  I keep doing WW I’ve lost 50# but put 10 back on because of my hip.  Keep working at it your  young

You’ll do fine.  But keep moving. 

• Posted

Thanks, I tried weight watchers before but it didn't work very well, I have been on my own diet plan that has worked very well. I guess I just over did the workouts.

• Posted

Feeling for you Tiana...it’s a real catch 22, we can’t excercise like we used to, then we put weight on, and find that we can do more damage by excersing😩 I use the local indoor swimming pool for soft exercises and walking, it’s great, weightless, we end up stressing over weight then Fibro flares up wirse than before, try not to stress, easier said than done ai know, but try, be blessed, gentle hugs over the seas, have a lovely weekend.😍😍😍😍

• Posted

Thank you so much! I guess the only thing I really don't like is being told I can't do things. I'm 25 I want to do everything! But swimming sounds fun, thanks for the advice and well wishes they mad me feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.