Fight or Flight Mode

Posted , 2 users are following.

My other half has been in ptsd episode for months and not in good place. He’s slowly coming out but is full of regret and pain and guilt. At beginning of it all he did file divorce . Now we are back to sleeping together and slowly communicating again. He is pushing for divorce still as he is guilt ridden from pain he caused. He is still making some poor choices money wise with buying motorcycles and wanting with draw his military retirement he’s still in the service. He feels divorcing will solve all the issues . As again flight mode but we are both slowly healing and very affectionate lately more than we have been in longtime. We do have sex 4/5 times a day some days now. Anyways , what can I do to help him see there’s a light at the end of darkness and get him stop pushing me and kids away . As it won’t solve his problems. Also when asked by friends if he will be okay without me he can’t respond or answer that question. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Michelle

You have not really explained the main reason for His PTSD.. It is important you get him to get is sorted, especially if the problem was caused by Military Action.

I cannot understand if it is caused by a tentative breakup I cannot see it as PTSD, however I am not a Doctor and you need to discuss His Mental Health with the GP.

What was the main reason for calling this PTSD ?.

BOB

• Posted

Hi bob his ptsd is deployment related as well as his tbi . He’s been struggling for while with it and wore mask and finally hit rock bottom persay. I always understood his ptsd and not pressured him or etc but his unit changed and he got in charge soldiers who were wounded via combat and s**t hit the fan and he’s been spirally since . Very much so to point he wants take all his retirement and spend it all as well. Some serious concerns for him right now and his well being and thinking process at this time 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.