Fight or flight response

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

?With CPRS how do you come out of the fight or flight mode? I can't shake this constant state of high anxiety, like bolts of electricty are flowing through me. Really need this to calm so i can focus on getting the foot better.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have developed a intollerance to every day sounds because of this
  • Posted

have you spoken to your gp?
    • Posted

Hi Richard 

Yes they have arranged for me to see a neurologist and given me some pregabalin for the pain and to try and calm the CNS. As of yet no luck with the CNS, i feel like a deer stuck in the headlights and it's worse than the pain. Is this normal during early stage CRPS? Does it fade? i've tried the usual techniques like yoga and meditation but only getting momentary relief if at all. 

Thanks

• Posted

The thing that has worked best for me is acupuncture.  Really calms the nervous system down if you have a good one (Acupuncturist).  Good luck!  CRPS is a beast....
  • Posted

I suppose today I as in fight mode.. anixety was terrible but my house was MESSY as pain so bad I didnt do much all week. So decided F&CK this pain Ia m doing this. cleaned downstairs for two hours music on and kids entertained with sweets and toys in garde,..  then we went for a lil walk to park Allt he time the Pain throbbing burning.. but the anxiety was lifting as clean house makes me feel SO CALm!  So not sure try think what used to spike anxiety before you had pain as I think well everyone gets anxious/ then see if you can change that and try put painto the side. I know it sounds very hard to do. I will probably pay tmoorrow for this!!

• Posted

Have you tried talking through your fears? Is this something you do?

crps to be very scary including symptoms, uncertainty about things.

Treatment, lack of treatment, financial concerns....the list goes on. Talking

with someone might help in terms of letting it out and getting help. Hope

Life gets better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.