Fighting L.S.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m in Canada and ladies here are not sharing to much on L.S. or on any other subject to say the truth. Really happy to have found this group ... I’m almost 5 year of L.S. and seems like it’s a never ending search for a cure or a treatment that will actually be good for us and not just break something else in our bodies. I’m just trying everything non stop... I think we should make a log of all our tryouts to se what does what and on whom. As any of you girls ever tried the borax  or even baking soda and water mix to clean. Hang in there girls we will triumph ❤️

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I do cornstarch and baking soda soak when it’s really glaring itchy and burning . It’s soothing.  But I’ve noticed I can only use one brand of cornstarch . I tried another and it irritated me . 

• Posted

Hi, Canadian here. Yes, I did steroid cream, didn't like the idea that it would

thin the skin ( it's already thin) So tried a few other things, Perrin's Crème Complete

it stunk to high heaven & my undies stained yellow, hard to wash it out.

Then I tried Borax, thank God for Borax. I used 2 tsps. in 4 cups warm water in a

bottle, shook it until dissolved, used it after every bathroom visit to wash & stay

clean. patted dry, but not too dry. I'd wait maybe 15 -30 min. & put a generous amt. of coconut oil to keep everything moist. Took maybe a month, but (knock on wood) it worked. Itching very occ. & nothing bad. But with this, no way of knowing if & when it will rear it's ugly head again. Try it, a lot of ladies use Borax

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Helen, I do the same as you practically with the borax and I keep moist with coconut oil... then if I feel a bit of itching I still put a bit of clobetasol here and there. It seems to be controlled. I have a bit of fusion but not much and i think I’ve been like that a big part of my life without knowing because youger I had eczema ( the doctor said) but I think it was L.S. all that time making it’s way in my body. So just saying the way i eat helps me alot I think beacause with the time passing its not ravaging me to fast. Not much sugar and not much transformed foods. My husband is perouvian so all the food we eat is practically from scratch. I do treat myself with restaurants but with the regular good food eating it doesn’t show when I cheat a bit. There is a salad we eat often ( tomato avocado red onions lime juice olive oil salt and pepper and a bit of jalapeños I put a pinch of sugar to smooth the lime in it all) I tell you I think it’s slowing down the L.S.. well it’s not hurting for me. I put it on side of fish or chicken or any kind of meal and it’s quite good to taste. Even with bbq in summer. Anyways i tough i could share this cause the more we all share the more good tricks we will find. 🤗 

• Posted

Forgot to add that I now try to eat an anti inflammatory diet as much as possible and have noticed a difference in my general health, arthritis and LS. Sort is a huge part of our well-being I have discovered, Lot of research is now establishing that with healthy biome (our own good digestive bacteria) we can stave off/cure a lot of illnesses, particularly auto immune illnesses which LS is of course
  • Posted

Hi Brigitte and welcome. (I'm from uk) I use the steroid ointment twice a week as maintenance and Hydromol Ointment as a barrier/moisturiser . I also have a little spray bottle of water with baking soda in it for use after toilet. I use a dilator once a week to keep the vaginas 'open ' so to speak. The only time I notice a tingling is if I've eaten anything sugary. Keeping low sugar had made a BIG difference. Akashi take magnesium and high dose Vit D. I have not noticed steroid thinning the skin as LS causes the skin to thicken it generally does not have the same effect it would do on other skin conditions.Good luck with your quest to rid yourself of this horrible condition.

• Posted

Thanks Caroline for the welcoming... really happy i feel like  i found new friends... gives me hope. ❤️
  • Posted

Did I just respond to one of your messages?  I live in Canada too.  
    • Posted

Hi Hanny, just getting a hang of this site for discussions . I’m actually in Montreal and seems like we L.S. women don’t exist or I sometimes feel im the only one in the city with L.S. I tell you.... it’s not easy to have L.S. but this discussion group help a lot.... so really hang in there and obviously the need to exchange in our situation is present. We must have a lack of support somewhere from the system if we’re all looking for groups to discuss the issue. Well get threw this. 🤗

• Posted

I'm from BC, way over on the other side of this big country of Canada.  I have profited from this UK website for a number of years, and learned a lot.  Good to share experiences.  Haven't found anything particular Canadian, more worldwide sharing.  Best among people who suffer the disease, wherever you might live in the world.  The best use of internet.  Baking soda, borax and coconut oil have become my 'best friends'.  Avoiding added sugar and eating gluten free was another good decision.  I'm repeating myself.  

?It is indeed very hard to talk about LS.  Most people have never heard of it.  I didn't either, till the diagnoses.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.