Fighting with Insurance companies to get tests approved

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been trying to get a MRI approved for my neck since around middle of December; last month, and I've had 2 denials as of January 15th now. This has been so frustrating and very stressful too! I'm in constant pain, and 2 doctors feel it's coming from my shoulder; which I had right rotator cuff and bicep surgery in Aug. of last year. I was assaulted by a few students. I've tried many times to question why I'm going through so much to get this MRI of my neck, but it seems that I'm getting the run around! This has caused me so much stress and frustration! I just want to know What's going on with my neck; make sure it's nothing serious!! I know my body, and know something has to be going on! This doesn't happen just because, and like this!! Has anyone else had this kind of pain with their neck after a rotator cuff tear and bicep surgery; SLAP before?? I'm trying so hard to hold on to the Lord, and have faith, but sometimes it's just so hard. God bless!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor provided the insurance company with a letter outlining the necessity of the MRI?
    • Posted

It's just crazy! I was told by my insurance company that the spine doctor's office didn't submit all the info they needed to review and approve the MRI for my neck. I've called and left emails with the doctor's office many times, but all I get is; someone will call you! That hasn't happened. This morning I received a call from WC that the Dr. sent an order for a C9 for my neck, and it has to go for review. I still haven't heard anything from the doctor's regarding that, nor have they called me about the MRI of my shoulder I took last Thursday! I wouldn't of had to go through all this with my Orthopedic Dr. who did my SLAP surgery! It doesn't take that long to get results from a MRI either!! 2 doctors claim my neck pain is coming from my shoulder, and I think the MRI order just should have been submitted to WC in the first place! I was assaulted by a student at work, and that's what caused me to have the rotator cuff and bicep surgery! I've never had this kind of neck pain before either!! It started 2 months after my surgery!!

• Posted

PS why hasn't your doctor's office simply informed the insurance company?  Mine always handles MRI and surgeries directly.  GOOD LUCK

• Posted

I informed my attorney of all this, and sent him a copy of the denial letter. I'm just so frustrated and stressed out over all this!! This just doesn't make any sense! I'm in the middle of all this, and I'm the one in all the pain; everyday!! All I can try to continue doing is hold on to my faith, and ask God to guide me!

• Posted

After all the prayers from friends and family, and me getting on my knees and asking God to please help let the MRI for my neck go through, I received a call from the hospital yesterday afternoon; Thursday, and I was informed that the MRI for my neck was approved by WC! PRAISE THE LORD!! I also got my results of my shoulder too, but I had to go through my primary Dr. because the other doctor's office told me I had to wait 7-10 business days. That's crazy, but my doctor sent it to me. Now I'm praying it's nothing too serious, but I'll deal with it when that time comes. God is an Awesome God! I'll keep you informed with the cervical results when I get them. Praying for you too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.