filling in mandatory reconsideration, pip for my cousin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i posted before regarding my cousin , it took me 3 days of writing down every word for her to copy the application for pip in the 1st place while it wasnt very clear as she canot read and write very well, anyway would i be able to write the madatory reconsideration for her , thankyou for any advice , Lou

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, organisations fill forms/write letters for others all the time.
    • Posted

Sorry denise i replied to bobby and was meant for you, it would save days of upset and unecisary distress if i could just do it , would she have to write too x
    • Posted

No need for your cousin to write. Just write it for her it will be absolutely fine.
    • Posted

Well 16 A4 pages, really hope iv done enough for the reconsideration for her, thankyou for your advice x
    • Posted

Most MR decisions remain the same, so please be prepared to take it to Appeal Tribunal. I hope this doesn't happen, good luck!

• Posted

Its onvioustly what they have done it for and i totally understand why people dont go further , its not for me but i am drained with it, the assesors seem to have a lot to answer to seems a corrupt system im sorry to say, will post back here either way, really do hope it changes for the better. But i can understand why 100s of people just leave it, thankyou again
    • Posted

This is the reaosn why most MR's remain the same because DWP want people to stop fighting. They don't want you to take it to tribunal because the success rate is about 60%.

• Posted

As long as you let them know in a covering letter you helped her this is fine. Do your own letter anyway explaining her difficulties and how you find she manages on a day to day basis. The more you explain in the letter the better. I have helped my son fill in his mandatory reconsideration form. And I sent in a letter which explained why we were sending it. Good luck.
    • Posted

Yes your right, thankyou so she doesnt need to this time i feel would take a very long time and cause her unnecisary distress x
    • Posted

I knowctgevfeeling. My son was diagnosed with MS in November later year. He already had other things wrong after can accident 5 years ago. His memory is awful, can't remember things we've talked about now. But can remember things from years ago. He'd never of managed. Good job they have people who love them eh. XX Pam

• Posted

It really is, well 16 A4 pages for a mandatory reconsideration i just hope iv done enough for her x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.