Final follow up of Greenlight lazer

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had my 16 week post Greenlight surgery

Checkup today. Dr could not believe my progress. No problems and I am sleeping thru the night without having to go to bathroom. The urgency is totally gone.

I now have full control better than I have had in years. Going back in Sept for another checkup.

Post surgery I only had burning slightly the second week and no blood. I had no pain right after I woke up from surgery and after he removed the catheter a few days later I was peeing like a horse. The only thing was tender uretha when sitting especially while driving for about 5 weeks. I used a pillow.

All is good now. I hope everyone else out there can have my luck. Plus no retro.

Good luck to everyone.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yours is a story with a terrifically good outcome.  I expect there are far many more stories like yours that are not heard.  Sticking things up your dick and burning your body from the inside sounds barbaric and is terrifying to any man.  Some cases do go wrong and they get featured on this forum and elsewhere.  So, glad you delivered your great outcome for those who are contemplating having the procedure done.  I believe yours is more the norm than not.
  • Posted

Hi Vaughn,

Who was your doctor, and where is the doctor located? What hospital were you at?

Neal

• Posted

The Dr's name is Anthony Gulio and his office is in Clarion, Pa

He is affiliated with the Clarion hospital

• Posted

My results were similar to Vaughn's except that I am a really lousy sleeper, so I pee before bedtime and usually make it through the night without waking up to go to the bathroom ... but I do wake up, through habit, pretty early in the morning.

My urgency is not totally gone because of overactive bladder (I often have it when I am washing dishes), but that is not the fault of Greenlight.

I had mine done at NYU here in Manhattan by Dr. Benj Brucker, a great guy.

• Posted

Hi Vaughn, Congratulatiions an your GL surgery. I would like to ask you if you had these tests before surgery? Urodynamics ,cystoscopy test,also did you have urine retention? I am 87 and need this surgery. I was told i was to old for this Surgery?

How old are you Vaughin?

Thanks,for your info?

frank,

• Posted

I am 63 and I had urine retention which put me in the hospital with a UTI with severe sepsis. I self cathed for awhile and when I wasn't going enough they did a cystoscopy and found my prostate had all but closed off the uretha. That is when they decided on the Greenlight. I was nervous of the usual side effects but I was lucky and had none. I could not live the way it was. I am now glad I had it done.

• Posted

Hi vaughn, did you have complete (acute) retention or just partial ? Did you take any drugs before the GL and did they help ? Also, what was your PSA ? Did your doc suggested TURP ? What made you decide on GL ? Thanks. Hank

• Posted

I took flomax and tamilosin and did not help due to the prostate restriction. He did not suggest turp. He has done around 1000 greenlight's. He did not check the PSA. I have no idea what it would be.

• Posted

Thanks vaughin, this is good info,and thanks again. I hope you stay well,it gives me hope as well.

frank,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.