Finally!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've finally been allocated a date for a pre-op assessment for the end of March!

I meet all of the criteria to have my tonsils removed!

The consultant in charge requested an audiology test, which came back as 'normal'. The consultant has requested that I refrain from working and will be writing a letter for my employer and also a letter to my gp surgery requesting that I am seen a.s.a.p when I require an appointment, he explained his reason for this is that I'm an older patient having my tonsils removed, when the procedure is normally carried out before the teenage years and I will be in a bit of pain for a while.

I can't wait...no more worry, no more excruciating sore throats, no more swollen face/jaw line. And the best bit is...I will be a day patient, in and out and home on the same day!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lots of luck! I am one month post tonsillectomy and healing up nicely. The first two weeks are rough but you'll get through it. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you, I can't wait! I'm tired of having sore throats, tired of throat spray and anti-biotics, if I can deal with the pain of quinsy, I'm sure that having my tonsils out will be a walk in the park.

• Posted

There's a great support page on Facebook page for tonsillectomies. Check it out. Lots of good information and the people are super nice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.