Finally

Posted , 9 users are following.

7 months post bilateral tkr. Never felt better. Almost pain free. Can sleep at night soundly. Still working out 6 days a week. Knees are getting stronger every day.

There is hope. Have patience. Work out and stretch. Live life and be happy.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

This forum is for TKR however there are several types of joints used. So although the recovery from the operation is the same or similar. Some of the statements made could only be related to the type of knee joint used.

If anyone is reading this before arranging their knee replacement. They should tell your consultant to would like to ski after the operation ( even if you do not) . This is what I said, ( I do intend to ski) I was given a cemetless triathlon knee parts ( one difference is the plastic part is screwed to lower part, maybe the reason I have no clicking)

Is strange for me that we are not told up front what they are going to attach to your body

Good healing

• Posted

No information whatsoever besides telling you what time to arrive at hospital.  This is unacceptable and unforgivable.
  • Posted

Hi Jen, so good to hear you are recovering well, esp after bilateral TKR. Gives the rest of us great hope. Well done you.

Happy Christmas 🎄

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.