Finally a diagnosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Greetings, 

Well after having numerous chest pains throughout the years and they have always been dismissed, they finally paid attention . My last visit to ER was back in Feb/2018. I went in w/ chest pains and they took my BP , it was 223/103!! Whoa!! My BP is usually very normal and my EKG came back abnormal. They kept me overnight to do a stress test the next day , results normal. Sent me home , still having chest pains and I finally contacted a Cardiologist. ( which I had seen back in 2012 for chest pains, they did an Echocardiogram then, all normal) I saw the Cardiologist couple weeks ago and he knew right away why it was . He said it was the thickening of my heart muscle. He had me do another Echocardiogram and I just got the results the other day.   Left ventricular wall thickness increased. Abnormal relaxation filling pattern of left ventricle for age. ( stage 1 diastolic dysfunction. The ejection fraction is visually estimated at 60-70%.  Now my question, is this considered a heart disease ?? I am on a BP medication, , type 2 diabetes and I'm pretty active. I don't know how I got like this but it is terrifying! I'm 64 and in good health. Weight is reasonable too. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Shoot, I'm in the wrong group! Suppose to be in heart health-- hypertensions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.