Finally a Light in the Tunnel

Posted , 3 users are following.

So...technically it is week 3.5 of orlistat.

Three weeks solid I was sitting at 108.3 kg with no movement. The last 3-4 days I have been focusing on lowering my carb intake (at the moment to 150g) working toward 100g. Jumped on the scales this morning and.......

107.6 kg. 

Holy mother of mercy it finally moved in the right direction!

It is only .7 kg (1.5 lbs) but after seeing it not move for three weeks it has put me in a positive mood. 

So if you are on orlistat and it just ''isnt working''....try looking at your carb intake. When you eat lower fat you have to replace it with carbs or protein. Most people end up eating more carbs. Have a look and see if you have been relying on to many low fat high carb meals to get your calories in. smile

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Originally my Dr said to eat carbs but when I saw her last week she agreed that providing I still have enough energy to get through the day then low carb is a good way to eat particularly if you have a sedentary lifestyle like me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.