Finally accepting that I've got Depression and Anxiety..what now?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 23 and over the past 10 months I've not been 'feeling myself' I put that down to leaving one job and waiting for the next one to appear, while I was unemployed I was eating as I was bored so put on a little bit of weight and that's when things started to go downhill in my self confidence.

Over the past few months ive recently got back into work and I love my new job but things with my partner are getting worse.

He tried killing himself a few months ago so I've been trying to do everything I can to make his life as easy as possible and I've put myself on the back burner, eating crap and generally just not looking after myself.

Money has been tight and I'm in a little bit of debt which I don't think is helping things however recently I'd say the last 3 months I've just had no motivation to do anything, I hate going out and being social, I don't even want to get up in a morning.

Each day is a constant battle with my own head to allow me to do simple things like drive to work without panicking.

Today I went to the doctor to talk to someone about it but I darent mention it to my partner as he doesn't understand.

He just tells me that I'm lazy and that he shouldn't have to be doing everything around the house and that it should be my job to look after him.

I just feel worthless, unappreciated and I just don't see the point. I often wonder what would happen if I crashed my car, would anyone be bothered.

I don't really know why I've written on here, i suppose just to see if I'm alone in what I'm feeling or if I just need to buck my ideas up and get on with it as I'm being told by my boyfriend.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emily,

First of all, let me tell you everything will turn out well for you!

You love your new job and thats a great start! If you feel you can do well to workout and get healthy then probably you can do that too! Eat healthy, sleep well, exercise! you have the power to do it Emily.

Talk to your partner more often. Tell him how much he means to you and you to him. If something is bothering him tell him you completely understand him and make him feel comfortable with you and if you feel something tell him whats bothering you and that you feel secure only to tell him. Going forward, I'm sure you both will love each other more and will be positive and happy!

Both of you need to work around in the house thats what is the deal of partnership! thats what is the pain and that what is the source of a happy together!

Start thinking positive and getting your life under control.

Remember, only good things are going to happen to you and people around you!

• Posted

Hi Emily,

The fact that you are seeing your GP is a good start. It is never easy to accept that you may have depression or anxiety or ptsd or all of them together.

If your GP put you on meds then you need to give them a few weeks to see if they help. If not go back to your GP for further treatment.

I am pretty sorted now but sometimes it doesn't take much to throw me. Comfort eating is a big temptation when your feeling down, especially cakes and biscuits in my case. But then I don't smoke or drink so it can be difficult to chilax.

Don't expect miricles, give the meds time and perhaps try to motivate yourself just once a day to do something in the housework or not, it really is down to you.

Keep in touch.

Mike.

• Posted

emily

Both of you have a Depression and are both feeling under the weather, you both need to talk about your concerns and feelings this is the chance for yu to understand both your needs. If not already your Partner needs help from your GP

Money is always a problem when we begin to settle down, everything needs timeĀ 

You need to site down togther and talk regards your needs and expectations that you are both will have.

One thing you could both try when you both calm down is to attend a RELATE session together, Most people in the early days together go through a rough time

you both need to look upon your Mental Health problems as on and then move on together stronger than ever

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.