Finally being listened to!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

TSH 2.930 (.450-4.5)

THYROXINE 6.7 (5.5-11)

Free T4 .81 (.45-1.63)

Free T3 2.7 (2-3.5)

Total T3 155 (71-180)

I have felt crappy for years. My doctor really didn't want to give me the medication, but I'm now on 1/2 grain of armour (pricey Medication even with good insurance...phew). Today is my first day, but he also put me on metformin for suspected pcos. Which I'm not too sure about since I have 2 kids.

Obviously I won't feel good right away, but how long does it take to feel better on the armour?

Take it an hour before I eat in the morning?

Is 1/2 grain enough to really see a difference?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It can take a while for blood levels to change. I would expect that your doctor would look for tests in 4-6 weeks. I am reading that many people only feel better when TSH is down to 1. I'm not a medical professional.  Seeing an endocrinologist may be a good idea at some point. Good luck!

• Posted

oh dear I have a long way to go with mine being 69.7.got to go back in 3 months for more blood tests however do not want to feel this tired. I wake up about 10/15 times during the night and shattered going to work.
    • Posted

Gina, can you tell us what dosage of what medication you have been prescribed?
    • Posted

Hi Dave

Yes Ive been given 75mg to take in the morning.I have taken first dosage today.

• Posted

It will take a while for Medication for thyroid to make a difference and I have to warn you when my husband started taking metformin he was feeling really unwell for two weeks, he was fine after this, but he still has to watch his alcohol intake and can't eat anything that is too fatty or fried.

• Posted

A few people have advised that they felt worse before feeling better, hope I am not one of these.See what the next few days have in store as only first day. Don't really eat fried food I grill,steam or boil. That is why really suprised at high results and that I have under active Thyroid in the first place. Onwards and upwards I suppose .

• Posted

Yes, yesterday was my first dose of both and I had horrible stomach cramping and bowel movements. I couldn't leave the bathroom all day. Today doesn't seem so bad. I did actually get a little bit done today. I know the medications can't work that quickly, but I think because I'm trying to be positive about this working its helping the mind. I also started Wellbutrin a week ago so that helps too.

• Posted

Gina, she was replying to me about the Metformin medication smile (the fatty and fried food.) of course we all need to cut it out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.