Finally getting somewhere!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

my doctor finally conceded that the statin drug, might have made me ill, he also said that my last blood test showed my kidneys were working very hard, when i told him my symptoms hes ordered further blood tests!

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The other thing you can look at is your diet.  Research what is good for you,what is good and cleansing for your insides.  Take life a little easier, what other drugs are you on besides the statins.  I am not being rude; but you are scaring yourself unnecessarily.  If A&E; who are quite removed from you (they don't know you compared to your GP) so they have nothing to gain by lying.  You now have to tick that box and move onto the next one.  You can sort a lot of things out, even your kidneys & liver by changing your diet, even what you drink can make a difference.  More than anything I think you just need someone to talk to, face to face and go through everything that is on your mind.  
  • Posted

I have ended up in a and e with abnormal ecgs ooriginally ttheytthough it was inflammation of heart now they don'tmknowbut I get sweats sand tired fast hheartbeatfor no reason and Iit isn'tppanicrelated IIve got a 224 hourmonitor on and have had an echo I tthinkIit might be pots going ffora stress ttesttomorrow
    • Posted

Sorry not a and e hospital been in 3 days
    • Posted

I am not being facetious, but have you considered male menopause.  A guy I work with has it.  With him I just laugh as its good to see a man with (supposedly) woman's issues.  For you it is no laughing matter.  Just another box to tick.  Wishing you well
  • Posted

I believe Josh said he was 24, didn't he?  A little young for male menopause...
  • Posted

well im out of hospital now, im getting abnormal ecgs but they dont know the cause just that there is slight rhythym problems but they dont know why, i put this down to the statin tried to tell them, they did not think so, Ive noticed i still have muscle weakness what im worried about is what if the statin has affected my central nervous system, im still getting muscle spasms? and if im getting hot and dizzy my temperature cant be getting regulated properly? they said i was low risk, but they are also going to monitor my heart, if my muscles were weaker would my heart not have to work harder? perhaps thats why.

They had me on the stress test, and my resting heart was 110, but they went through with it, i felt dizzy and managed 12 minutes, but my heart rate went upto 200bpm, they said this was ok, that it was good, dont think my heart ever got that high before, after i went into a cold nauseous sweat, i would have p*ssed 12 minutes before, its weird though because i wasnt sweating while doing it, it hit me after like feeling sick....they wont really entertain the statin side of it..where the hell i go from here i dont know, i notice a weakness in my arms still as if they are numb not in a heart way more muscular and a burning but all these things seem to come in spells, also my heart hurts like a cramp sometimes, so im convinced maybe its my nervous system, but when i asked could it be my nervous system they glossed over the question? i even asked could it be pots?

• Posted

just incase my other reply isnt moderated

im out of hospital now but the dizziness persists as does the heat stuff, its hard to take some times i managed to get through the stress test but at rest my heart rate was 110, and then got up to 200, they told me im low risk for a cardiac event. These symptoms all started with the statin to be honest. but the docs wont listen to that, how do i get help for this?

• Posted

The dizziness & heat sound like withdrawal still.  They would only prescribe statins if you needed them. Stop self-diagnosing yourself.  If the doctors say one thing, ask them how they arrived at that diagnosis.  You might just be genetically disposed to have a high heart rate. what about alternative medicine,
    • Posted

i only took one statin though and that was a month ago, i never had a fast hert rate it was around 85-90. i think there is something wrong with my nervous system tbh it goes to 110 standing.
  • Posted

Dear Josh, the statin and its effects would have left your system a long time ago.  Now is the time to see what else is causing your heart to beat faster.  If the doctors can't find an illness, could it be something in your diet that does not agree with you, something else could be causing heart palpitations.  If there was some thing wrong with your heart the ecg would have picked it up and they would have whipped you into hospital before you could blink.  Take comfort from that.  You are looking for answers, this site is not the place; it will give you ideas.

You are worried, that in itself will raise your heart levels.  Seek out a doctor that is into alternative medicine, they will do all the normal tests,but may come up with a solution that is acceptable to you.  You have nothing to lose and it might just give you peace of mind.

• Posted

you havent read what ive put....i have been in hospital for three days, there were abnormalities on my ecg... they all started after the statin.... they are monitoring my heart for 2 weeks nd i hve had alot of tests, there is a rhythym problem that they dont know wht is doing it, but have said its not life threatening low risk obviously. but what i am saying to you is that, my body is out of wack it fits alot with

dysautonomia, and if so it has been statin induced!

statins if u are sensitive could do this, i never had problems with my nervous system since i took the statin, now my temp goes high and ig et bouts of dizziness just lying down! my heart rate was 140 and monitored for48 hours in a hospital where it would go over 100 for no reason nothing to do with anxiety i had about 3 or 4 abnormal ecgs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.