Finally got a referral but not urgent

Posted , 6 users are following.

Afternoon all,

I chased up my referral for MRI yesterdsy and I was told they hadn't received one, had no record of me and I needed to contact my gp again.

I contacted my surgery who told me they had faxed it on Wednesday the 29th, so where every it has been lost has no put me back a week which is very frustrating.

I then called the hospital again who advised me to call back today.

I called this afternoon and I have been referred but not as urgent and was told I have to wait up until the 16th on June for an appointment letter. I questioned this and was told to go and see my gp again.

This is getting a joke now from first going to my gp, if you read my first posted I explained how they have treated me other the last 4 weeks.

I had to go to a walk in in the end who said I had a prolapsed disc and sciatica and to tell me gp I need a scan. He obviously didn't believe me and only had referred me to a physio until they received the recommendation off the walk in centre.

He made my physio an urgent appointment but not the scan, I don't understand this, I can't wait months, I have got worse not better and I'm self employed and been of 2 and a half weeks unpaid.

I have stopped the codeine today as was advised on here because I'm on naproxen and paracetamol, so I'm going to see how that goes and hopefully won't make me feel more pain.

Please if anybody has any advice on what I can do I would really appreciate it, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this surgery.

Should I arrange to see the doctor and get or try and get him to make it urgent or should I complain, or may be do that if they refuse to change it?

Last resort for me will be stopping all the medication and going to the a n e at the main Birmingham hospital I have been reffered too. I know this isn't the best idea but I feel I'm being messed around and left with no answers, help or idea of how long I will have to be off work not earning.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do it if u are so much pain and u are getting numbness. If u want a better job in security but train well apply to be a ministry defence guard. MGS. If u type that in online u should get their Web site. I work for them was train by police in my time. Good job when I got ces I was put out on ill health I had 10 good years. They look after me. It will take a whole but if ur vetting is ok u would get a interview. When u get ask questions u a it sure of say I would seek my line manager s advice. Work for me when I had my interview for promotion.

Keith

• Posted

Thanks Keith I will find their site and have a look.

I am in a lot of pain getting up and walking, leg feels a numb dull feeling but by ankle feels sore, not in as much pain when I'm on all the tablets.

Should I stop the tablets and then go? I just want to be taken seriously as I'm worried now that it could be something more serious.

• Posted

No keep going with the tablets it will make them realise that ur in pain still after taking ur tablets.

I can't Stop mine I tried stopping the night one was awake all night done the same with the day terrible feelings and pain. So I am dependent on them I still have pain numbness but I carry on my surgeon said the operation was to stop the compression. Not to cure u.

• Posted

Did you get a numbness in the bottom of your leg and sore ankle?

I am constipated but that is from the codine, I am weeing a lot but my PC muscles are ok.

• Posted

I did and sore ankles they day I must of gone in to the compression it must of happen in stages my left leg was died by Monday I was turn away by a ae doctor he said I was trying to que jump and he was not the middle man. I was told this after 4 hours plus in AE he said I could wait alight he had no intention of admitting me. The nice man wrote this in my notes. My expert in AE tore them apart.5 years they all of a sudden wanted to settle before it went to court. I had also took action against a urologist at a private hospital that was a lot strong case. Getting back to u their are red flags which doctors go by. Have u wee problems are u numb in that area. U have the numbness in the legs what else
    • Posted

I was told if I couldn't move my foot up or was incontinent to go straight to a and e.

I'm nether over those but for just over a week the pain in my buttock and leg has gone into a dull kind of pain, today I went out for a few hours and was really in pain, when I was walking on and off it felt like the bottom of my leg was just a limp dead weight I'm kind of dragging around, trying to put as little pressure as I can on, also my ankle has felt very delicate and sore with a burning kind of sensation, that has been around a few days.

I keep reading that the main signs are feeling numb in places where you would sit on a saddle. I don't have that either.

Its just confusing that the pain and sensations are changing and I seem to be getting worse.

• Posted

OK

Just back from the gp, explained how I have got worse, that my mental health is suffering, I even had thoughts of if I end up unable to walk that turned into suicidal thoughts.

She told me, they have only been able to referr for an MRI the last year and they cannot make them urgent appointments or speed them up and if I thought it had got worse to go to a n e, if they won't scan me then I just have to wait.

Prescribed me loads more tablets including a new one to balance out the naproxen.

She only questioned my bowel and bladder problems.

So I'm off to a n e now

• Posted

Chris, this is appalling.  Your GP sounds as if she's just passing the buck. I hope A & E can help and that you get the MRI you should be having to see exactly what's going on.  Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you

Its the worse experience I have had dealing with a surgery.

She knows I have ongoing mental health problems too that I have had for years and didn't seem concerned.

I've just got here, the wait has began

• Posted

Oh Chris, I am so sorry.  What happened to the caring profession eh.  Your doc doesn't exactly sound the most sympathetic or caring type does she.  Good luck in A & E, I really hope they can help
    • Posted

She has a duty of care, she can see on my file about mental health troubles over 15 tears even reffered me 6 months ago and the fact I have got worse not better.

She dosent want to know.

I only waited half an hour, limped up to nurse when called and after s quick assessment given tramodol and waiting to see a doctor.

Hope I get proper treatment now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.