Finally got Clob

Posted , 3 users are following.

So after a month of using what I thought was a steroid like Clob it turns out I was prescribed a much milder hydrocortisone cream hence why no change except more fusing 

So my question is .:: I’m slightly confused, I just need to be clear that what I am doing is correct? 

Warm soak followed by Clob ointment appli d by ear bud to thsee White Plaque areas, including inner labia and outer and clitoral hood. 

I want to apply oil to fusing ... how long should I wait before I apply this? 

I had Borax bath this morning and yesterday and started to take it orally with slice of lemon and some apple cider vinegar 

Any advice gracefully received 

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ricey, You can use a sitz bath first if you want to, or skip that and just apply the cream with your finger remembering to rub it in well.

You will need to use a hand mirror to avoid healthy areas of skin and use no more than a pearl-sized amount. 

Where you apply the cream depends on your symptoms..if it is sore, itches or is white then you put cream on it. If you are itching everywhere down there then apply it all over, but if you only have white plaques to worry about then just apply it there.   

If you have to use it twice a day, you could apply it again late afternoon, and then before bed you could apply some kind of oil to help avoid fusing. 

It is best to use the Clob and oils at different times I think.

• Posted

Thanks for that. I will stagger the applaicationsnof everything x
  • Posted

Hi Ricey,

I personally do not use a cotton bud , I use clean fingers. You are supposed to rub the cream well in for 90 seconds and can't do that with a cotton bud. The cotton on the bud may also be bleached or whatever. Do not put you're barrier cream or oil on for at least 20 minutes.The usual instruction is once or twice a day every day for a month THEN every other day for 2 weeks THEN twice a week for maintenance. If you ever have a major flare up then use the above regime again Hope that helps.

• Posted

Thanks so much 

I did use my finger to rub it in I was just being cautious about where I placed the ointment by using the bud. 

Thanks for your advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.