Finally got my HS diagnosis Today After 20 Years!! Can I wax

Posted , 4 users are following.

Am happy on one hand that diagnosis has finally arrived, was starting to feel like a freak! Armpits are worst but groin buttocks and under the bra all get their fair share or outbreaks too. But the no cure side of things isn't so hot!

I Know shaving under arm is out now but has anyone waxed? or is this jus as bad? Love to hear from fellow sufferers who understand.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there - I waxed bikini line for first time in life this year - have been unable to due to lessions in the past.

Try cutting out whole grains - in bread, corn chips, muesli etc. I did 12 months ago - the only time I have a falir up is when I eat \"brown\" bread and whole grains. Good luck

• Posted

Ask your doctor to refer you for Laser hair removal on th NHS as it can help with this condition, my issue is in the groin but since the laser I dont need to share or wax just get topped up every approx 6 weeks to 8 months and it has helped my condition enormously. Used alot in the states for treatment just not in the UK
  • Posted

I find it difficult to wax my underarms, anything I put on there seems to get absorbed into the holes in my skin, and its very painful, makes the condion worst sad

But your situation might be different from mine, I would suggest doing a patch test on a tiny bit of your skin and seeing how it reacts. Waxing removes a layer of skin, so it could make things worst.

Im hopeing to get laser hair removal because im fed up of shaving, cant wax, and find the only way to remove the hairs for a long period of time is by plucking them out individually (Not very pleasant in the slightest!! :cry: ).

• Posted

I am very pleased to find out that i am not the only one who has been banging my head against a brick wall for years (or that's what it feels like). I finally saw a dermatologist this week, he named it as HS, i am due to start a long term course of anti-biotics now, the first course being 3 months, with an anti-biotic cream as well, has anybody else tried this solution, if yes, i would love to hear if it made any difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.