Finally got my op date

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all, not been here for sometime, been waiting since February for mt biopsy date and also separation of fused labia, it is going to be on the 3rd November.

I had to see Anaesthatist last week and he informed me that I will not be able to have a general anaesthetic due to other problems so they are going to give me a spinal Anaesthetic.  I was wondering if anyone has had this and if so did they have a catheter fitted, as on a previous spinal I found I had no sensation for some time and could not feel the urge to go to the loo and found myself very wet and embarrassed.

also any tips on the pain/burning  post op.  Any suggestions greatly received.

Jan

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jan,

I have just recently had a dilation done to free the space to be able to urinate.  It was a stretching of the skin from the too small opening left in the fused labia.  It was done under full anaesthic and no catheter was needed.  I can not immagine that with local anaesthic this would be any different.  But I am not a doctor.  

I can't handle painkillers very well, so went without and found it doable.  I rinse with warm water all the time immediately after urinating, with the help of a spray bottle, sometimes I do that twice.  Plus I drink lots of water as to dilute the urine.  

Coconut oil has been my soothing help.  Sometimes a bit of Emu oil, but not too much.  Maintenance of course with the clobetasol.

I wish you lots of strength before, during and after your procedure.

Hanny.

• Posted

Thanks Hanny for your reply, I hope you are recovering ok.  Where do you buy the Coconut Oil and Emu Oil from? I will get a spray bottle and try that too.  I remember the last biopsy I had I was very sore and it was very painful, but I did get an infection.

thanks again

jan

• Posted

Hi Jan,

I buy cocnut oil and emu oil from the local nature store.   

• Posted

If you are in the UK, Coconut Oil is cheaper from Waitrose than Holland & Barratt. Find it among the cooking oils.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.