Finally got sick after 2 and a half years (flu) am I getting better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I believe I came down with the flu a few weeks ago, I got it tesuday and I was better by monday the next week. I was on my feet all week at work and I was okay. Even worked two 12 hour shifts, does this mean I am getting better at the first sign of sickness? my body is finally able to accept being sick normally again? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi imsolost,

I remember you finding things so hard last year energy wise and your belief that it was seasonal? It sounds like things have changed hugely if you're able to do a 12 hour shift. Is this symptoms free?

You're asking if it means your body can accept illness normally, how do you feel in yourself? How have you been feeling in general? Non of us are experts on here but it does sound like you've turned a corner in your recovery.

Hope this continues for you

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverley 01, I notice during the past few years the winter it is less symptoms and less painful. The summer it can be worse. I did relapse several times this winter but nothing compared to the summer. I had one in November and I am getting over one from last week, the relapse I just become very tried from the least thing. I notice food heals it "most of the time", I was at work and my arm become very sore, almost numb like and I felt the weight of the world draining me. I ate and within 40 minutes my arm was working again, this was just this week. The next day I had a lot of stress at work and I was okay.  In the past when I had insomina I would get up and eat, within 30 minutes to an hour I would be able to fall a sleep even after hours of being awake.

Symptom free is hard to say, different things cause it to act up. I notice if I start to bend over a lot, or reach certain angles it can start to flare up, if not I am okay. 

Just being able to be sick for the first time in almost three years feels like I am recovering, my body is able to get better. When I was sick, it didn't feel worse than any other time I had the flu, it was a mild flu at that. 

I have not had the "bloating" since early this year, I could a big meal at a random time and would get very tried and sick from eating. This has gone away for now.

• Posted

Hi again,

it does sound like You're really tuned into your Symptoms and it seems that this winter you're coping better physically with illness. I hope this lasts Into summer for you but, like Jackie says, take it easy with your workload. 12 hour shifts are big on our energy levels and with cfs/me can give payback later.

Hope the new year brings better overall health to us both.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

It does sound like you're getting better. You're very lucky, so don't push it. Working two 12-hour shifts would be difficult even for a healthy person.

• Posted

I was onlying filling in for someone at work, rarely happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.