Finally had LTKR today.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Had my op today aT last hope the recovery will be just as good. Surgeon said it takes 6 months to a year for full recovery, one day at a time so onwards and upwards. 😣

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nuala. I'm in the UK. I'm 51. Had right PKR in October 15 and left TKR 2 1/2 weeks ago. PKR was easy compared to this one. Got 90° bend on last op on leaving hospital with a struggle and get there most days but very tight and painful. 75° bend is comfortable. Swelling and sleeping difficult but I am sure I will get there. Walk around the house without aid and can go up and down stairs with a bit of a struggle and also get in and out of the bath. Miss driving though and spend a lot of time at home by myself which is frustrating. Hope that you have a good recovery. This site is great for help, advise and support. Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.