Finally Had op L4 L5 was in agony

Posted , 2 users are following.

Finally had my op after being in agony for a year ,was excited to think I would wake up pain free..

Woke up on Friday night after surgery still very sore , Saturday was able to walk to bathroom behind wheel chair ..Legs still feeling very stiff ..DR came said I could go home but I didn't feel right so I stayed ..Good job I didn't spent whole weekend screaming in agony , finally Monday afternoon rescanned and rushed to theatre then told a clot had formed in n cavity..

Tuesday afternoon second op legs still very stiff ,

today it's Thursday and I'm having physio to try get back on crutches ,legs feel stiff as hell when I'm walking I know it's going to be a long process back pain easing ..

But have read so many success stories of waking up pain free and walking !! Wish it was me ..

Hopefully not long ...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mimm, sorry to hear of your struggle and pain. I know the disappointment you are feeling. I had surgery in 2012. The lady in the next bed was doubled in two before her surgery and walked out the same day upright and pain free. But not me. I had the same pain and got far worse due to having a Csf leak. Which left me in bed in agony with painful headache as soon as I lifted my head. Everyone ignore this for over two weeks. Ended up have second surgery to find the tear and repair it. Which they did but I still had the original problem of sciatica. So had to see pain management. They eventual were able to manage my pain and I've had a good 3 years of being able to walk and get around. But the sciatica has struck again and I'm house bound and battling to get help once again. But I am sure that when things settle  down after your surgery you will feel well again. I think it can take a while as you have been through a lot of major surgery. Take care of your self and I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi genie

Thanks for the reply ,

And same happened here lady next to me up and out after having same op..

My legs still have that stiff feeling but they keep telling me it will go ,the back pain is easing with pain relief ,

I just want my life back ..

Sorry to read your suffering again with it ,alot of people tell me here it's there 2 or 3, bout of surgery for sciatica ...

I just advise anyone don't mess around with the you tube help as it made me worse ..

Hoping tomorrow is a better day , will be wishing same for you ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.