Finally having the mesh removed from a so called hernia operation i had 6 months ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Im in Melbourne Australia and 6 months ago i had undergone surgery to have a linguinual hernia op.

Since surgery i was in agony everyday , pain was so bad i could hardly walk, not only have i had to go and get lots tests post surgery which should have been done prior surgery as it turned out i didnt have a hernia but had mesh put in my body.

the suffering i am going threw is unbelievale on strong painkillers everyday my bowles and stomach always bloated, stabbing pain on side of were the scar is left side near groin. The hospital surgeouns

were trying to make lots excuses why i was in pain yet the mesh was in tact, i had every test possible and nothing was dedected as t why i was severly bloated everyday , my energy so low depression anxiety , it took the hospital head surgeoun to finally organize for me to have this mesh removed next

thursday 18th October 2018, the surgeoun made me panic saying i could be worse off or the pain to remove it could be even worse to how im suffering now?? Im a bit confused how i could be worse if tis mesh in my body is causing me pain??

HAS ANYBODY had the mesh removed and what can i expect ? Im very scared and nervouse please

any advice from anyone out there who has gone threw similar to remove mesh i would appreciate

hearing from you PLEASE!!!

I am suffering so much its unfair as im sure many others are going threw lots diffferent things too.

I JUST WANT TO BE BACK to some normality some of me back to do gym or walk just to live again

i was so bad it was getting to a point i didnt want to go on anymore !!

thank you all for reading this . xoxox

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm so saddened to hear what you're going through, that's so unfair, but you must hang on there girl and stay strong and don't do anything silly .. if you're in a position; I would strongly recommend that you get legal advice," especially because you didn't have hernia from first place" that's unacceptable and "clearly negligence" .

my best wishes

• Posted

Pls look up Dr John Garvey in Sydney. I havent seen himself but have read of a lot of people who have.

• Posted

hi, I live in Perth, my DR IN JOINT MEDICINE has just given me a prolotherapy injection between the mesh and the muscle using guided ultrasound, its early days but has taken away about 90% groin pain. This is an experimentive process, but I was pretty desperate.

you could also look into PRP.

• Posted

Hi you wont believe everything that has happened to me, since they removed the mesh , the following morning the same surgeoun told me that NOW i can get a hernia?? I asked him what he meant?? He said by removing the mesh , well ever since that day i had a small lump..i didnt know what it was but after another 10 months of more tests and again scans..YEP i had a hernia that was getting bigger by the day thanks to that hospital..i then saw 3 hernia specialits and i was horrified what had happened.

This time i had to get some help and pay a private surgeoun who had now fixed the hernia with MESH back in my body its been 7 weeks now..im so so depressed 3 operations later..i still got a little lump on the side were he did key hole surgery ..im not myself any more ..i cant explain how badly im depressd ..sorry to tell you my bad news... i hope your ok !!

• Posted

Did the mesh removal at least solve your pain problem?

• Posted

That is really sad what happened to you. How are you doing now? The same is happening to me, so I can relate it. I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.