Finally my Pityrisis is starting to FADEE!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after about a month of having a tiny little piece of dry skin on top of my stomach it starterd to get bigger!!I thought nothing of it. I obviously got worried as it grew and it started to look like ring worm. I asked the pharmacist to have a look at it who gave me some anti fungal cream which she said should do the trick but if not go to the doctors. 1 week later I had more patches of dry skin appearing on my collar bone and on my stomach (which were only itchy as they surfaced my skin), I started to panic. I then went to the doctors who also said it looked fungal, so gave me 1% steroid cream , the next day I woke up with spots all over my body(all over my stomach, sides, back, under my arms, tops of my legs and in my groin)!!! I googled my symptoms.... Which is the worst idea ever but it looked exactly like PTR. I booked into see the doctor and she instantly told me it was PTR and there wasn't anything I could do to get rid of it I would just have to ride it out, she also did mention it can last up to 4 weeks or up to 10 and she told me my spots looked as though I was going to get the whole 10 weeks sad(!!!!! She prescribed me Eumovate Ointment which to be honest I used twice as I knew it wouldn't get rid of it.

I went home and I googled every way to get rid of it, I used Neem oil and neem body wash as I hear this was amazing for getting rid. It sadly didn't work for me. I also heard about taking Lysin tablets, which I have now been taking for 9 days now and along with multivitamins just 1 a day.

THE MIRACLE THEN HAPPENED.

I bought a bottle of head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo which ive been putting on whilst in the bath or shower and cover my whole body in it and leave it for around 3 minutes and wash it off. The first night I used it I already noticed my spots starting to dry out. I've also never used a sun bed as my skin is so pale but I've heard this was also very helpful and I would swear by it. The day I used head and shoulders shampoo and the sun bed they instantly started to fade.

The trick is to keep in the sun, keep your skin dry, use cool water, wear loose clothing. I swear by head and shoulders and the odd few sessions on the sun bed.

Stay away from creams that create to much moisture as I noticed with aqueous cream it made my rash extremely red.

I've not used anything for 3 days now and there still fading away which I am so happy about.

Don't give up hope smile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for sharing your story. May I ask how long you've had PR assert this point? I'm about 5 weeks in and I think some of it has slowly started to fade. But I have been using zinc oxide and tanning, along with vitamin c pills. Oh, and head and shoulders. I'm just praying that it doesn't last for more weeks. It's hard to stay optimisticb and hopeful. But I'm trying. So glad to hear yours are finally doing. 😊

• Posted

Hi 😊. I've had the the main spot (harold patch) since end of march beginning of April but the rash only appeared 3 weeks ago, even though your meant to get the rash not long after the first one appears, strange haha. Ooh well that's great to hear, head and shoulders has been my life saver. My rash is very dry now it's not half as red as it was nor am I itching as much.

I keep worrying that new spots might appear but so far so good.

Hopefully both of us will be rash free in a few weeks to come 😊.

• Posted

I've literally put up a discussion exactly the same as this and having the same problem however no ones giving me anything to use! They've just said use antihistamines and stuff nothing working!

Did you use the head and shoulders dandruff shampoo yo wash your body? And then used aunbeds?

I find moisturizing makes them go really red did you stop moisturizing and let them completely dry out? Thing is if I don't moisturize they go quite itchy I've found. I'm guessing drying them out is best and it sounds like sunlight and sunbeds seem to be the best thing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.