Finally out of my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

just to let everyone know im finally off these dreaded pills i have never felt so alive in last 7 weeks since coming off them

i was so lathergic and just never wanted to do anything couldnt lose weight literally lost one stone over a year now in last few weeks lost 10lb

i was on 7.5mg and i gradually weaned myself down i then went to my doctors and told her and told her exactly how id been feeling she said yes its those pills that can do that i told her i have weaned down to literally 1mg and she said come of them if any problems come back but thankfully none and feel great all my energy back sleeping well and even joined a gym

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Thank goodness you recovered from them, I have been off them nearly two years now but still feel as if I am on them. They have permanently triggered something that the NHS are at a loss to explain.

• Posted

Good to hear. Those pills are the worst. I went through hell with them, so I understand

• Posted

thank you you just dont realise they are making you so ill

shouldnt be allowed

• Posted

Well done Cherie, really pleased for you. These tablets ruined my hubbies health and created on going problems.

• Posted

Can I ask what the ongoing problems are please?, I have been off for two years but they have left me with quite severe problems with my nervous system such as peripheral neuraphty, severe brain fog, feeling off balance and drunk, loss of appetite, severe exhaustion. I lost my job, am pretty much housebound, can only stomach being out of bed for up to 7 hours. But the NHS are of no help, I think they think I am making it up.

• Posted

Thank you. I'm so glad I got myself off them.

Its unbelievable what they cause, I got the foggy feeling for ages but it seems to be finally lifting I can nt believe these pills where to blame for me feeling so crap all the time for over 3 years

• Posted

sorry to hear this Peter and the annoying thing is putting us on these pills they are the ones that cause the problems and trouble is they kept upping my dose! little did I know what they were doing to me.

and like you say they think its all in the head and then want to palm you off with more drugs to combat mental illness.

• Posted

absolutely awful things, my dose was so high to. I couldnt just stop had to gradually wean down and down

• Posted

Peter,

After my hubbies heart attack, this might sound odd but he was fine. The hospital gave him lots of tablets which he took as you do, not knowing any better at the time. The side effects kicked in around week 6-8 which I have since learned is the time it takes for magnesium to be leached out of the body.

He had every side effect mentioned and some, he was so ill. His GP told him to stop taking it, his pulse and blood pressure went haywire but settled after a week or to. As he was fine after the attack and stent fitted, he developed an ectopic beat after these side effects and they fitted a defibrillator, put him on amiodarone which was working according to a heart surgeon last September, but suddenly stopped working by December!! according to a 24 hour monitor, they are now doing an ablation on Thursday which I am worried about. I think they should give him a 7 day monitor and not rely on one 24 hour unfortunately, hubby will not question their decisions unlike me. If he had not had this drug I really believe he would have been living a normal life.

After the heart attack the cardiologist and nurses insisted he was diabetic, we kept telling them he was not but they would not listen and gave him metformin which has caused another serious problem. Quite often after a H.A glucose levels can rise for about 3 months, only one nurse knew this. We are left with the consequences.

I have learned a lot over the last year, first and foremost educate yourself and do not take every drug or any drug given until you have researched it thoroughly. Doctors only do as they are instructed by the likes of NICE not because they know about the drugs they prescribe.

• Posted

It was high Cherie my hubbies was 2.5 and the problems that caused was unbelievable, thank god he was not given the amount you were. I am pleased you have not had any lasting damage.

• Posted

good on you l was on 2.5 high BP nightmare Dr want me to give them time 9 weeks stil nightmare had to see another Dr he put me on prazosin into to third week hope they are working seem bit better now and then fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.