Finally seeing progress with Granuloma Annulare

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

?I have had GA for nearly 20 years. It started on my elbows and is also on the back of my calves and from time to time its on the top of my feet or inside my forearms. I also have UC so I feel strongly that there is something causing inflammatory reaction to my body that I am being exposed to- either through environment or food.

?I have tried cortisone cream, cortisone injections, liquid nitrogen and have looked into photo therapy but the cost and frequency (with no guaranteed results) is too much to absorb.  I have also been taking tumeric, probiotic, krill oil, OTC allergy medicine . I had a conversation recently with a woman trying to improve her roseacea about a product that I am a consultant for, it reduces inflammation and redness and I can't belive I hadn't thought to try it meself- becasue it wasn't indicated for GA. Anyway, I have been using for about 2 weeks, redness has drastically decreased and some of the bumps are gone. Now its not a complete cure, but for the first summer in a long time I am not self conscious in a short sleeved shirt.  

?I have been following all of the suggestions this group has offered over the past several years and was so excited to be able to share this potential new option with you all.  I hope each and everyone of you can be confident in your appearance and find the solution for you.  i just want the staring to stop and to not have to explain it to people who question my bumps.

xo

Kara

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kara and All,

Your message is very interesting.  Congrats on any improvement you see, I know how exciting it is!!

I have some new news as well along the same lines.  I'm at 12 years with GGA and it's pretty much body wide - except my face thank goodness.  I have tried all the creams, drugs, gluten elimination (we have Celiacs in the family, I'm not apparently but gluten kills me, allergy testing (no allergies to any foods) but I am sensitive to some items - nightshades, and citrus.  Nothing but starving myself to the point of death makes the GGA go away.  But it appears the reaction to food is a symptom of something else, NOT the cause of the GGA.

Recently I hurt my shoulder - the doctor put me on an anti-imflammatory an Nsaid. After 8 days I noticed the GGA was fading.  I had to stop taking the drug because it turned out I got a horrible RASH because I'm allergic to the drug.  LOL.  It never ends.  But even after 3 weeks off the anti-inflammatory the GGA continues to fade.  All the bumps are gone - and it's all turned purple - no itching and no reactioin to foods that normally make it respond.  

Did find a few others out there that discovered anti inflammatory drugs helped the GGA.  Whether this is a temporary effect or a reset of my system somehow and the GGA is really clearning I don't know. But I'm putting the "allergy" connection to bed for me and moving on to an AutoImmune issue.  Diabetes and a few other lovely issues are floating in the family tree so maybe I've got something not found yet. 

Between the GGA and the other rash, I wouldn't consider going out in summer "wear" but maybe in a few more weeks if this holds up, I could get on a pair of shorts! 

Will keep you all posted - remember we are all beautiful - that's why they stare.  smile

Deb

• Posted

Deb,

That is really interesting and I'm glad you're finding success. Unfortunately because of my ulcerative colitis I can't take any NSAIDS, figures. I totally agree that it's an inflammatory response, we just need to find out which one suppresses it for each of us. I hope you continue to see progress. Please keep me posted on your potential remission😊

Kara

• Posted

i am interested in the product you mentioned for rosacea. i have suffered from rosacea in the past and currently on my 5th year of GA issues.  i know this forum doesn't allow product naming but if you could share in a private message to me, i would appreciate it.  thanks so much.

• Posted

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with GA. I also have Rosecea. If I could get the name of thst medication I would truly appreciate it!! Thsnk you 
  • Posted

Hi there!  I curious what product you are referring to that helped with the inflamation, Roseacea AND GA.  I've got UC (10 years) and have struggled with GA for close to 20 years.  I'm currently battling a HUGE GA flare on both of my lower legs on the outside ankle area up to about mid-calf.  It's so large, red and inflammed I refuse to wear shorts during the 105degee Nevada HOT summer weather.  I'll try anything at this point!!  Thank you!

• Posted

I just sent a response which is being " moderated". I'll have to see if it goes to you otherwise maybe I need your email to respond? I guess we'll know if you get the product info 😊

• Posted

My dermatologist takes a syringe with cortisone and injects that solution into each bump. After about a week, it disappears. This is the only procedure/cream that works. 

Everytime, I have a breakout, I do this. He states they do not the cause. He was my third dermatologist to see about this.

the cloderm cream never worked.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.