Finally some improvement

Posted , 5 users are following.

18 months of PT and I think I have finally turned a corner.  My condition became chronic and I tried everything.  I recently treated myself to a Mother’s Day present, a foot massage machine from Aldi.   Every opportunity I have used this and I believe this has made a difference.  Maybe it circulates the blood and helps to heal the inflammation.  I also have been stretching the calves several times a day.  I use ice if I have done too much and the pain is bad.  I really thought I would never walk pain free again but I am definitely turning a corner. Just wanted to share in case this helps anyone else.  Don’t give up!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is very encouraging!  I have been dealing with the pain going on 4 years now, good to hear about improvement of any kind. I am icing, stretching & have started PT for the last 3 weeks.  Della, what is the foot massage machine you are using?

• Posted

I found it at Aldi.  It’s like a dome and your feet go into these holes.  The machine rubs and squeezes your feet and there is also a heat option.  It was about $50.   I was at my wits end and since using it my feet have definitely improved.   They still get a little sore but recover quickly now.  I can’t believe it and am so happy.  Definitely worth a try.  
  • Posted

Hi Della,

So, how often do you massage your calves?  Maybe, I am not doing enough with that?  Also, the massage machine sounds interesting.  Where did you get it from?  I often massage my feet and even wear shoes most of the day made for PF.  No, I am not going to give up.. just gets a little frustrating at times.. as I am sure that you can understand.

Please respond to me when you can and thanks,

Take good care too.  Aimee

• Posted

Hi Aimee.  I stretch the calves at least six times a day by leaning against a ledge or step.  First thing in the morning especially.  At other times when the heels are sore I use a rolling pin and roll the heels gently where the pain is.  Got the foot massager from Aldi and it was only about $50.  I use it as often as possible and take it to work.  If I do too much walking  and the pain is bad that is the only time I use ice.  At all other times I use heat and stretching.  I also wear compression socks when walking a distance.  A few weeks ago I could barely walk to the bathroom.  
  • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me, Della.  Actually am feeling a little better this morning.. just a little, but I will keep working on it as I know these types of injuries take time to heal.

Take good care of yourself and especially your feet

• Posted

Hi Della. Seems like shoe inserts with arch support, heel pads, calves stretching exercises, rest and sole of foot massage seems the answers. I have the shoe inserts. Am buying some gel pad for heel today. I have a massage roller thing to do sole when sitting. But I think ill get an early Father's Day present for myself... a mechanical foot massage. Oh yeah. How is going now. Still improving. ?

• Posted

Was really good but last week I over did it and taken a small step back but still heaps better.  My advice is to increase exercise slowly and listen to your feet.  Sitting here now with my feet in the mechanical foot massage machine.  Determined to get rid of this.  Cheers
  • Posted

Hi Della,

I have not given up, although still feel frustrated because in the mornings is the worst for my feet.  Afternoons are okay and evenings are so-so.

Anyways, I am glad that you have made improvements.  I have too, but they are taking time.  As I do massage, put my feet up, have/wear compression socks/sleeves and am working on losing weight too.

Gosh, just want it to go away and never ever come back.

Need some support, please respond if you have anything/suggestions, anything to share with me.

Thanks,  Aimee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.