Finally started BHRT. Day two began full body itching. Anyone familiar?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Does it ever end? I had to go to such great lengths just to get onto these hormones. I was working with a women's clinic in Ohio even though I live in Washington state. They did my lab testing which was quite expensive but is state of the art so it was worth it. Ohio has restrictions and they can't send BHRT prescriptions over the, state lines so I had to find a local compounding pharmacy to create my prescription. The doctors at the Ohio clinic tailored a prescription specifically to my needs. They emailed their exact recommendations to my local pharmacist who decided to change the recommended formula. Not only did he change the formula but the application as well. I was suppose to have transvaginal BHRT but he switched it to transdermal. I called the women's clinic in Ohio and told them about the itch. They said it is more than likely the cream base I am reacting to. That's why they use transvaginal because many women are sensitive to the ingredients in the creams that are used asto a base for BHRT. So today, Monday I have to try to get hold of this local pharmacist and discuss why he changed the recommended formula. Also the local gyn who was supposed to approve this prescription before it was filled but he left on vacation without signing off on it. It was received in his office 3 days prior to his vacation yet he failed to do it and left for a week. I went into his office that very day and pretty much had a meltdown because I have been ssuffering with debilitating symptoms for two years and finally the day came where my prescription was ready and he leaves town without approving it. My husband took over and demanded that someone find an alternative doctor to sign off this prescription so we can get it filled. This office has another gyn who went ahead and signed off on it that same day and I picked up the BHRT later that afternoon at the compounding pharmacy that ended up changing the recommended formula. I have f*****g had enough of this bulls**t. Just die already.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.