Finally the doctors have confirmed LS

Posted , 12 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have suffered with this condition since I was. 8 years old.  Until now no one could find a problem.  I have had continuous UTI's and have had days of great pain.  It also disturbs your sleep as many of you can probably sympathise. The pain started to get worse as I got older.  I am now 42 and have had 2 children.  I used to be given treatment for a Thrush and just assumed it was all in my head.  Thanks to Embarrasing Bodies I took myself to the hospital and asked if they thought it could be LS.  I then saw 2 consultants who confirmed that it was LS.  I feel so relieved  but sad that I am now 42 and unfortunately my skin may need fixing ! It has worn away.  Has anyone has this operation ? 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

Not exactly sure if I have had the same surgery but I have had 2 surgey a to remove LS patches and laser treatment as well.  I too have suffered for years without diagnosis until last year. I was given steroid creams to use to help with this itching and soreness and I also think it has thinned the skin. All I will say is if you are still working make sure that you are signed off long enough to recover as in my experience recovery is very underestimated.  If you have ever had an episiotomy it's the closest I can explain to how I feel. Hope this is helpful and good luck.
  • Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up