Finaly admitting work to much

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last night I had a seizure (suffer Catamenial/ functional seizures). And i had to txt my boss to say cant come in. Woke with a migrain plus fibro pain is increasing Not a good day!!!!!!!!!. My Aunty visited me and helped me start ball rolling for PIP. Not sure if i will get it, but just feel like work is to much stress of knowing i will be in pain after shift then stress about if i am off i wont get paid. I have tried for so long and strugled.Its mentaly hard to come to this decision because i want my independence. But i have struggled for years only 42 . Ahh well. Last week went for nurophycology app she was really nice, have a few more visits think positive this will help. Sorry just going on Just needed to See how other people cope with this decision.

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dear Hazel,

I often wonder if I am in some sort of remition with the seizures I had for a year of my life. Still on night shift. Days ago on the way to work there was lighting strikes. When I had seizures one evening I was talking with my daughter in the living room and there was a slight opening in the curtains. I notice for a moment that the lighting was flashing like someone taking pictures over and over. Suddenly I had a tonic seizure. I found out that flashing lighting can trigger a seizure... so on my way to work I was a bite scared that the lighting strikes just might trigger a seizure. I just kept looking at the ground.  I'm still not sure that I am seizure free but the air flight coming up when we go cruising well be the proof in the pudding. Lifting off and landing. Last time we were on a plane was last November and I had a horriable seizure. You might say I could be a bite stupid to go back on a plane but I do want to find out if seizures will still happen when I fly. I always did llke flying.

Cat farts are pretty smelly too. Did you know that humans fart over 14 times a day? I read it in one of those believe it or nots. Will I must exceed that...ha ha ha-excuse me. Dog farts are deadly. Our poor dog was blamed all the time when my father would let one go.

It is raining here and chilly. My garden is growing very well with all the rain we are getting.

Charlie is doing very well it sounds. Training a puppy to pee outside is something else. I use to tell our puppy many years back when in the back yard "go pee pee for mommy, good boy " and hope the neighbours weren't listioning.

I was talking with my daughter about my seizures about when she knew I was about to have one. She said my ablilty to talk right when go just before one. Daughters are surely our right arms in our lives. I know we both love our daughters dearly.

Thank-you, Hazel for your friendship. Here's smiling at you kid.

• Posted

Dear Mary, I always look forward to our chats. Yes our daughters are very special to us, danielle can always tell when i am about to go even before me. She is 18 today cant believe where the time goes. Bless her she has just gone into work. Charlie was her main prezie off us. I know what you mean about Cat farts ha ha my cat will let a silent but deadly off and look at me as if i have done it. believe me everyone knows when i have ha ha loud !!!!!!. I can remeber my mum taking me to the doctors when i was younger about it, i had to take charcoal tablets but all they did was give me a black tongue and fine tune my farts hee hee hee. Well its very muggy here drizzley rain and hot. Thats interesting about lightening and your seizures. I had to have a test where they put attachments on my head ect and had to watch a screen with different things flashing ect and they stopped it as i started to go. The body is  facinating . You enjoy your flight and your daughter is with you , its not nice having one but you cant help it if you do. I always worry i will fart or pee myself or follow through. eek. but what can you do. My Doctor has sighned me off for two months as i am struggling to stay in work what with pain and seizures its not a great combination. I had one in the bath Monday my daughter had to stay with me and then help me out the bath, that was a wake up call for me that i cant go on like this. I have the coil but they said might give me the pill also for hormones to balance. As for the nead side if i have to do a hand stand naked by a tree singing come by ahh I will. I have been referred to a phychologist now to work on trying to conrol seizures , they were unsure if it will work but i am willing to give it a try.Hey dont worry about spelling i am not that good, plus when typing my fingers press other letters. big hugs mary. i am smiling right back at you biggrin xx 
    • Posted

Dear Hazel,

I love the way you write. Having a seizure in the bath tub is something else. My daughter stood with me out side the shower just in case. I have pee and etc. when having seizues. My daughter has cleaned up after me many times. She would say "Mom, you changed my diapers so now it's my turn". Your referred to a phychologist. I hope the best for you. Recalling unhappy childhood memories up is difficult to share with even those close to you. Those memories are always with us. As a child you have no control. People come and go out of your life. I get a sick feeling talking about my and most of them weren't pretty. Let me know how it goes.

I think your body is under so much stress from your other conditions. Who can know the body?

Had a wonderful lunch out with my 23 year old son today at the mall. I love him so much, my baby.

Big smile and a huge hug .

• Posted

Dear Mary,  Hello Its to hot here redface. I love to see it dont get me wrong its just this time of year I wish I could walk round nakedeek .Your Daughter sounds amazing, you have obviously done a good job bringing her up. My daughter has gone to London with her friend and family for four days, It will do her the world of good. My husband is off at the moment two weeks holls , so he is catching up on jobs. I am still off I am still having seizures and feel drained, I had one the other day and was coming round on the floor, my husband was standing over me saying why you having one at this time of day?. My response wasnt polite ha ha o## F### 0ff , and what time would you prefer me to have one darling , you would think by now he would be used to it!!!!!!. Ahhhh Charlie was just lying next to me licking my face. It is difficult to share things with my mum and older brother they just dont talk about it. I realise now that thats just the way it has to be. I can talk to my husband. I just want to move on from it but feel it will always be with me just have to learn to cope with it. I feel abit isolated at the moment being off work , miss female company and the laughs but I realise its the best thing for me at the moment. Friends I do have backed away and i understand. I have always been abit of a loner just one or two friends and I have always been ok with that.Opening up to you helps Mary but I dont want to bring you down. Oooo how nice going for lunch with your son, Hope my kids will do that when their older . when it cools down I will go outside and run around nudey you only live oncewink. Enjoy your day. Big hugs 
    • Posted

Dear Hazel,

I just wrote a message to you that is being check by this forum. I think using the word naket was a no,no. I just typed that getting naket sounds great but I don't have my young shapely body any more. You said it was hot weather in the U.K. and you wish you could go nudey to cool down. Your email was not xrated and my far from it. Will I guess I will have to see if it will get a yes.

• Posted

Ha Ha thats so funny, Forum is so prudish . Have to say somthing like " My Lady I wish I could take my under garments off and let my pale skin bathe in the days sun. lol. It has cooled down now , had a few showers. I am still off. Hey you work hard to get your body, be proud. My lumps and bumps stretch marks from kids is a work of art. Oooooh cant wait to read your message now. wink.    
  • Posted

Dear Hazel,

The way we are going we could write a book. Think it would be a best seller? I wonder how many followers we have now?

Seizures do pick their moments. When I was in my full bloom with them I had a appointment with my female doctor who of course told me I needed to see a shrink. My daughter was with me at the time as she never wanted me to be without her. She wouldn't go out to work at the time and care for me 24/7. Will I didn't want to have a seizure in front of the doctor because she would just say it's not real. Oh I had such terriable ones. I would go somewhere right out of time  where no one would want to go. So I left my daughter and doctor debating about me as I knew I would begin one. Out to the waiting room I went. I had one after another. People sharing at me. Can't some one put her into a quiet room for her to do that. Where's her doctor? So I just rocked and rolled!!!! My daughter finually came to my rescue. My head was in so much pain. I asked please cut off my head. Sounds bad but that was the way it happen. My doctor said when she also finually came out of her office "Mary, why did you leave my office"? My daughter gave me my pills and waited for them to work some what. My doctor was acting like a heartless fool. I refused to go out any where for fear of having seizure when ever. They just happen... I don't mind you going on. It gives me in sigh about myself. How many people are suffering in the world right now with these seizures...    I want to tell you something I am not telling my daughter. Every so often while watching TV in the evening I go into a dumb founded state or whatever and I see line green colour which almost fills my range of seeing. I get a doppy feeling coming over me. It passes. Today I went to get my past port renewed. There are flashing red lights here and there. Not good when I saw them. I had to look away.

Oh I wish I had told many people to p*ss off when I was coming out of my seizures in the hospital etc. Those questions, do you know where you are, what's your name, what date is it today etc. 

People do back off when they come to know you have seizures.

Hazel, I had a terriable headach and feeling sicky the next day after my lost in space moments watching TV. Had to call in sick last night for my shift. Oh boy. I told my daughter that I'm some what scared about out up coming flight. She said that I would be just fine after 4 months without seizures. Well.

Do you think there are some things around you in your life that might be setting you seizures off? Like flashing lights, bright day light, smells etc.

The weather here has be humid but not too hot. Getting down naket sounds great but I don't have my young shapely body any more. Do you get hurt when you end up on the floor when having a seizure  or do you get a warning and just lay down? Now I'm going on and on. What should we call our book?  Do you know where you are or Be there, read the book, saw the movie and worn the t-shirt?

I'm off to clean my bathrooms. My daughter hates to clean them. Basket full of hugs. 

• Posted

Dear Hazel,

Oh my lady you did get my dirty email. I must be so careful now so I don't tarish your delicate dainty ears.  Are you sitting down with a seat belt on? On Saturday I ended up in the ER. I had a night shift on Friday. At 3am, I suddenly had tighting and pain in my chest and shortness of breath so I believed I was starting a asthma attack. I took my rescue puffer but still had no relief so I took it two more times. In total 4 puffs. I asked the nurse in charge to take my vitals. 171 over 98 plus a heart rate of 98. The nurse said you can't work like this, go to the hospital. By the time I arrived at the ER my heart rate was 101 beats per minute. To make a long story short the doctor order a lung scan because my blood work came back showing a clotting factor of 700. The normal is 500. He said that there could be a clot in my lungs. Well I'm allergic to iodine and it is used as a tracer. He lied and told me that iodine is no longer used any more as a tracer. The release form stated that it is still used. My daughter came just after this and spoke with the doctor about this. He admitted that it is still used but a more expensive trace could be used and he would look into it. So after 12 hours in the ER I under went the scan. The following day I felt Ok in the morning when I woke up at 6am. My daughter and I went to meet my son downtown for lunch. Well I made it inside the coffee shop and suddenly had a blinding headache  with flashing white lights and vertigo. I was holding tight to the counter. My daughter helped me to a seat. "History", multiple seizures for two hours. Ambulance was called and I was taken to ER.  Totally out of it in all aspects.   Broke my record now.  My daughter didn't want them to give me anti-convulsive drugs and so they gave me a sedative, Adivan.  At one point, I called the nurse, "Mommy".  But my daughter informs me that what was coming out of my mouth was incomprehensible. So I have bruises all over my arms and legs.  So to get down to it I had another allergic reaction to a nuclear radioactive scan.  Did the doctor lie to me when he said the tracer wasn't iodine?  Only he knows.  But he did raise his voice to my daughter that iodine does not cause seizures as an allergic reaction, but the internet says otherwise and so does my body.  An allergic reaction is rare, but not impossible.  So repeat of a year ago.  But this time I'm not taking any clinical anti-convulsant drugs and my son-in-law brought me detox herbal medicines to remove the radiation from my blood and a natural anti-convulsant.  So here I am, emailing you.  Dejas vu.  So good news, after taking these natural remedies, I haven't had any further seizures.  Such is life.  I'm going shopping until I drop.  Ha ha ha.  Hugs galore. 

• Posted

Mary oh my goodness sending you a big hug. That is unreal about what you said , you trust Doctors to make the right decision for your life , the fact that you told him you were allergic and yet he carried on is not acceptable. Good job your daughter was their to help. It is unreal where your mind takes you through , years ago when mine all started and i was in hospital i saw people in the waiting room and i said to my mum " at least i have my clothes on still , i can go home these people have to stay" there was only me and my mum and older brother in the waiting room. Then I saw all my dead family members shuffle into a room whilst i was being assesed, I new they were dead they were waving at me and muttering amongst them selves. suprised i wasnt commited ha ha. Then a nurse gave me an injection as i wasnt good , behind her i saw an old fashioned nurse fluttering very fast behind her watching every move, i asked the nurse if it bothered her being watched, and I asked what was she giving me as i think she is wrong, took no notice well Mary I went last thing i said was dont feel right, My brother said everyone went into panic and gave me another injection and slowly i came round. So what seems real to us, is it real or not who knows. All I know is i can still remember the people I saw, and believe in spirits now. Love watching Ghost Adventures with Zac. Mary I hope I havent freaked you out, I dont cunjour up spirits or walk round in a witch outfit even though my name is Hazel ha ha . What Natural remedies are you taking, you have to be carefull even with Natural things,  if they are working for you thats fantastic. Yes you carry on shopping, what makes you feel good. I am waiting for my Daughter to get out of bed and go to town with me, my husbands birthday tommorow and I havent got him anything as not felt good, but she is 18 and sleeps alot !!!. I still feel I cant go out on my own as i am having regular seizures Its not me as i know i will be ok after a good sleep, but its peoples reactions to you. I know its good intentions but people dont take notice of my medi bracclet and call an amulance and I cant say a bl**dy thing. so rather than put myself through that I have to wait for someone to come with me. Its very frustrating as I used to be independant. I have an  appointment to see how they are going to treat me lol. I better not mention the spirits ha ha keep that between us. Doesnt happen now any way. You take care Mary big hugs. When do you go on your cruise?. xxxx
  • Posted

Dear Hazel,

We have quit the mini series going on here. I wonder if anyone else is following us? Haze, I have seen things when my seizures happening so much that someone else would surely have me committed with a straight jacket.I'm sure that you did see people as you said. I think the mind is so open that unseen spirits can be seen while seizing. Oh I have seen my share of seeing a few.

I had a good cry this morning. I woke up at 2:30am. I was reading the Bible, Psalms. My daughter came down stairs around 4am or so. She had set her alarm to check on me every so often. She had a cry over the phone with her sister the day before. My son also had called her, up set. My other daughter is also a stronge hold for the family. My son inlaw came down from up north, 2 hours away to bring the natural herbals meds. He arrived at midnight and than travel back home. He has study about natural medicines and also is part Chinese. Very smart man. He is such a caring soul.

My daughter told me that what happen was not any one's fault. I know this but it so emotional and draining. I'm not myself. Slow moving etc. It takes time to recover. I broke my record. My daughter said that the doctor's parting words to her were " your mother should get some help". If the seizures are not the big "E" word than we must be NEAD, the big "N" word. Of course she did tell him my story but he didn't believe that the scan would cause seizures to happen. Oh yes I was having seizures for two hours but not the right ones. I'm such a naughty girl!!! It was rough on so many levels. I am up set but knowing me I well be OK in no time and carry on with life. I don't mind you going on. If you need to I'm here. You have helped me in such away that no one else has. You have been there, done it,read the book, saw the movie and are wearing the t-shirt. The endurance is something else. My daughter assure me this morning that she couldn't understand a word I was saying when I would come around after each seizure. I said I felt like I was talking clearly. I told her I call the nurse mommy and her too. I think when seizures happen my mind seeks out the comfort of my mommy. I was still calling my mother when she was still living mommy. She love being called that.

I tidy up the house and went out the front door. My daughter is not going with her brother on vacation. She wants to keep a eye on me. Our cruise is in September.

Hazel you are one of a kind. The best kind, thank-you. Basket of hugs.

• Posted

Dear Hazel,

This afternoon I recieved a dirty email from some person name david. I had sent you a email using the email you had sent me. The sending was fine. It went off. Do you think your husband read it and didn't tell you about it? The librarian herself helped me with your email address. It seem fine. The contents of this man's email was related to what I wrote you but it was the work of a sick person. I deleted the email and warn him to not bother email again. I am going to ask my daughter how to block him if he does again. I would put your email here but as we know it is not done.

Mary????????????????????????

• Posted

Oh god Mary thats awful.No definatley not, daves not like that, kick his ass if he did. Dont blame you for asking, alot of sick tirds out their. huggies
  • Posted

Dear Hazel,

Just wanted to say hello from across the big pond. How are you ? The weather today is sunny and cool. I like it like this. My son Johnathan is right now in Daytona Beach, Florida. He phoned and said it is none stop raining. Not much to do.

Today is my day off work. I'm awake and enjoying the weather and going out side. No seizure activity. My daughter told me I should change what it says on my medical aleart bracelet. Seizure disorder. I'm going to put NEAD. I'm leaving it as is. Going shopping for a new steam cleaner for my rugs. The young girl next to me at the library computers is letting off silent bombs, smelly. I want to ask her if she needs to go potty. I'm not being a naughty girl with bad words here? When my daughter and I were hanging laundry on the line this morning I told her to get her hands off my silky panties. She laughed..   

Life is a bowl of cherries with the pits inside-Mary

• Posted

Dear Mary , Hello to you. The weather here is sunny with light showers, just how i like it. I have a lot of washing as kids have finished for the summer.I hope you are enjoying your day off work. AHHHH Daytona beach I have seen that on the telly. I have put on my medi braclet " Seizures do not call Ambulance " but some people take no notice of it, I know they meen well. Phewy fartie lady, ha ha wouldnt like to sit on her seat might of followed through. Its good to laugh. my husband doesnt like me to put my lady knickers on the wash line not because they are fancy, but they are big apple catchers very comfy ha ha. I have been having seizures for the last three days , and my pain level is a 10 out of 10. Trying to motivate myself, brain is saying come on get up and do things my body is like no chance, i have been abit irratable truth be told.I bought a massager for one of my family members to use on my back and not one of them will do it sad, I bribe them and everthing ha ha. Ahh well thats life. Big hugs mary. 
  • Posted

Dear Hazel,

Our emails could fill a chapter in a book so far. It could be a best seller . I know what it is like to have seizure after seizure. My brain just doesn't function right for days. My last seizure when I had that lung scan was pretty bad my daughter told me. It seem as always there is not much memory of it . My daughter said it was very hard to get me home in the taxi as I was doped up on a drug, seditive. It is something else when I'm coming some what out of it that I tried to speak but my daughter said she couldn't understand what I was trying to say. So she didn't hear me call her mommy.So than the nurse didn't hear me call her mommy also. Oh thank-you. Do you get any warning before you have a seizure? I'm scared to go flying in September some what but my daughter said that if I have a seizure she would deal with it. She is so kind to me and understanding. A gold metal winner as far as daughters go. My other daughter is wonderful too. My sons just seem to be in a state of shock when I am having seizures. Never a dull moment in life. That seizure did a number on me as to recovering from it. I keep this to myself. The weather here is sunny and cool . Just right. My son is coming home from Florida today. I asked him to buy me a spoon with Daytona on it.

Here's smiling at you, kid. Mary staying together with Crazy Glue...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.