Financial help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am concerned about the work factor and rh. I work 26 hours in an active job( which I love) however if I struggled with work further down the line - what financial support can you get? I have a husband who works full time and four children under 16. I am from Northern Ireland. Do you get support while working as well? I know every day varies and sometimes can be hard to judge what you are fit to do. When my pain eases I still struggle with fatigue. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about other countries, but I suppose in the states you could look into Social Security Disability. It is really really hard to get. I'm retired ' living on a fixed income so I just pray my insurance holds up. Praying that you feel well

• Posted

Thanks we have different benefits here as well . Just imagine it would be difficult to get them.
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I live in England and have just tried getting help due to having to give up my own hairdressing salon .

due to days I can hardly walk or open my hands I just couldn't manage any more , this has torn me apart as I love my job, loved my salon and earned good money ! But people don't understand !

I've just tried getting PIP my doctor told me to claim for ! But because I can go to the toilet on my own and make dinner I get no points ! Don't think they understand the days I can't get upstairs to help my 3 year old on the toilet or can't get up fast enough to get her a drink ! But I've just being told I don't get help !!!

I'm going to try another route to see if I can get help !!

You'll have to keep us posted !

Katie

• Posted

Katielou, I have been told to have your Doc fill out the paperwork as if you are at your worse, unable to tackle everyday life. Sorry to hear of your situation & hope you find a way to make it work.

• Posted

Yeah Hun I have I had to go to an assessment to face to face !!

I hoping now I've started this methatexate I should be on the up !! Fingers crossed , feel I'm far to young to be like this but nothing we can do ! Apart from keep smiling !!

X

• Posted

Thank you! It is an added worry when you are faced with an illness. I maybe took it for granted I would work until retirement. It must have been very hard for you to give up your salon.
    • Posted

Hi Katielou

I am sorry you have failed your pip assessment I tried as I can't dress myself properly and can't cook as I can't hold anything heavy. I got six points because I can walk

• Posted

It's really bad isn't it ! On my bad days I can't dress myself my husband has to help me !! It's really bad because what I class as bad they clearly don't ! Really not sure how poorly you have to be for them to even look at you !!

I've struggled getting my head round being this poorly all of a sudden my life's stopped for the last year ! But I think for you to get help they expect u not to be able to do anything yourself !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.