Financial help( pip, disability)

Posted , 9 users are following.

****Hi. I've had fibro now for about 6 years and find it more debilitating year on year I currently work3- 4 days a week but I am finding each day my pain and mobility is getting worse... I don't wish to bog you down with the details as I realise we're all here for similar reasons but some days along with the other ailments my ancles lock and I can't physically move therefor I can't support my family.

My question is are there any types of financial support(pip, disability) available that also allows me to work when I'm able?

Feel that because no tests show my problems that I have to carry on with no help... Any advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I know how you feel, I have struggled for years with symptoms and manage to work 4 days a week but it is completely draining and very hard to keep up sometimes impossible.

I applied for PIP at one time but was turned down for it even though I went into all of the ins and out effects etc but got nowhere. I didn't have the energy to appeal against it. It would be nice to have some funds to be able to work less hours and to help in case I have to give up work, it is a constant worry as you yourself know only too well.

Sorry I have been no help but I share your pain and frustration. Good Luck Take Care X

• Posted

Try the website www. Benifitsandwork

They are a fantastic help with filling in the forms and what to do at your assessment and if needed your appeal.

Best of luck

• Posted

I live in Australia and I rang my superannuation and found out that I had income protection if you get a letter from your doctor stating that you are unable to work you can access it and get paid 75% of your income which I am getting now once a month because I had to give up work the pain was just too much worth ago and I didn’t even know I had it I rang up to enquire about cashing in my super which I can’t because I’m only 48 but she said do you know you have income protection I said no and then I follow to her Instructions and got it yeah it doesn’t help with the pain but it least I don’t feel like such a burden hope that helps you good luck thinking of you

• Posted

This isn't something I have Donna and unfortunately due to the type of job I have an illness insurance was to expensive.

Good to know that you managed to find something that is able to help you along, thanks for your reply... take care

• Posted

It’s to do with your superannuation not your insurance not sure if you live in America or Australia but in Australia we have superannuation that we pay tax into good luck anyway take care❤

• Posted

Hi Richard.

My first attempt to apply for PIP failed, the assessor lied throughout her report. By the time I had received it was too worn not depressed to appeal. The second attempt over 2yr later was done with the help of my local community centre who took your information and filled the form. Used the correct terminology. On my assessment day, I didn't take my medication early. Wanted them to see how I was suffering. I started the assessment by pointing out that I would be requesting a copy of her report and going through it. Any untruths would be highlighted and appealed against.

Several weeks later I received notification that I had been awarded it.

Hope this is some help

• Posted

Hi. I am waiting for my tribunal date as I was turned down and the assessor told bare faced lies. I'm so scared to face a magistrate and if this doesnt work I may well have to give up. It's so draining at every stage. If you do decide to go down this route I wish you good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.