Financial review for care with council

Posted , 4 users are following.

i sent DRE fir garden maintainance which is specifically listed on their form that it is allowed. it was a receipt for 20 pound per month. can they do this.

also the have increased my contribution from 4 pounds to over 7 pounds. they said in april that my benefits have increased nearly 4 pound to meet the cost of living and they are entitled to take it. can they take it all?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted


    I'm not sure exactly what it is you're asking about the garden maintenance. You said you sent a receipt for it because it's specifically listed on the form but didn't actually ask any question. Have they refuse the DRE for this?

    Yes they can increase your contribution, what they increase it by will depend on your circumstances. A £3 per week increase, doesn't sound that much. All local councils have their own criteria for this so you will need to speak to them about any dispute.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    yes they have refused it.

    An increase of financial contribution of over 16 pounds per month is not justifiable. They have said because of benefit increases but mine have increased by a much smaller amount. They should not be allowed to take all that

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up