FINANCIAL REVIEW FOR SOCIAL CARE

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone advise me on the benefit increases and my financial contribution. Below is the email that I sent to them but I need some information to see if what they are saying is correct.

This is what i sent to the council;

Could you please provide an explanation as to why my financial contribution has increased substantially from 6 April 20 from £4.03 to £7.85 per week following the benefits increases.

Universal credit has increased by £1.24 per week and PIP has increased by 1.50. This is a total increase of £2.74 per week.

However, my financial contribution has increased by £3.82?

Why is this increase larger that the benefit increase?

What percentage of the benefit increase are you allowed to take?

I doubt that you would be able to take the whole benefit increase which is meant to meet the increased cost of living.

Tina

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

UC standard allowance has increased by alot more than £1.24 per week. It's more like approx £22 per week. Standard allowance has increased by more then £80 per month for a period of 1 year until April 2021 due to Covid19.

I'm afraid i can't comment or give any advice regarding your contributions to your care because as advised on your other thread all local councils have their own criteria and you'll need to speak to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.