Finding answers for cough

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi again ,just want to thank everyone on this site for your post and support where I have learned so much about bronchiectasis. I usually just read post and hate to give advice when I think some because I don't feel as if I am an expert. Please ignor my rant today , bad night you see.!

After years of having bronchiectasis with extreme flare ups every 2 or three months, for  which I was prescribed  antibiotics or/and steroids , I am very close to solving my vicious cough problem. 

? After discovering  a small spinal fracture In December cause  by my cough told me the long term  of taking prednisone was resulting in a bone issue. He gave me 7 days of antibiotics which had me back well again. He said no steroids for a while.

That was 4 months ago. I am in the mist of my spring allergies right now

?Since then I have changed one of my inhalers , and began trying various antihistamines .

?I have found That Clariton  used in the morning , my Advair 2 a day , Ventalin 3 day , steroid nasal spray , Zertec at night keep the cough away most days and nights.

?  I do still have what I call bronchial spasms especially at night . Last night I was awakened at 3:30 with a cough that would not go away.

?I know it sounds as if I am taking too many things but I am desperate to stop the cough, and hey it works for me.

Thanks   Carol

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Carol, as a side issue...I've been taking a lot of steroids too and was prescribed Fosamax to help protect my bones and chewable calcium with vitamin D. Maybe you can explore that?  

• Posted

Thanks , Janet. I am on Focimax and the calcium for years now.

My cough is so bad though that this is the second fracture I've had . I think the key now is to get the exercise I need .It is just hard with every thing else to deal with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.