Finding it difficult to breathe

Posted , 6 users are following.

Right I'm trying not to worry to much but I seriously feel like my chest is being crushed or there's something heavy on it and I'm struggling to breathe I'm scared I'm going to stop breathing?? I'm trying to keep calm but it's making me uncomfortable

sorry for posting a million and one things but I can't ask my family 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear tanya,

I was concerned to read your blog, please try to relax if you can and I really feel you should speak to your GP. I have heard that this condition can be caused by anxiety but I am not medically trained and would hate to advise you incorrectly. I can appreciate that you cannot speak to your family but it would help if you could talk to a friend. Many people seem very lonely today and it's just not right. We are pack animals and benefit from the company of others, particularly when we are unwell.

I can do nothing for you except hope you feel better soon and trust that there is something in my blog which helps you

Best regards

robert

• Posted

I just feel really blank today and I don't know if I'm just paying more attention to my chest that usual because I'm trying to avoid thinking about the other symptoms but I feel asthough I'm holding weight on it or something and last night I thought my throat was swelling up because it felt sticky but I hope that was because I ate a Kit-Kat ahaha

Thanks alot 

• Posted

Dear tanya just relax. And breath deeply I had that symptoms too. Don't worry just breath deeply that is an attack 

• Posted

I really don't know anymore I can't think just feel like I'm crazy full on 
  • Posted

Hi Tanya I've had what ur going through it's all down to anxiety! You feel like ur not getting enough air cos ur telling urself that!

On the course I went on they teach you how to calm urself down and breath properly 

Breath in through ur nose for 4 seconds hold for 2 then out through ur mouth for 6 

Sit down or lay down and do it for half hour and should be ok 

• Posted

No-one can really answer your questions and all your symptoms. You need to see your GP with all the problems you've got. I'd make an urgent appointment ASAP. Your other option is the walk in centre or out of hours centre. Hopefully they should put your mind at rest.
  • Posted

Tanya is you cant settle it might be worth talking to 111 if your in the UK and get some advice. Dont suffer in silence there are people that can help 
  • Posted

I used to get this a lot too. I was terrified I would stop breathing. It's the scariest feeling ever but I am SURE you're not going to stop breathing, it's just a symptoms on anxiety. IF you weren't breathing you wouldn't be talking. Just remind yourself that. Don't be sorry for posting. Post as much as you need, we're here for you. The more you feel like you can't breath, the more you will feel like you can't. It's a vicious cycle. But I can promise you're breathing. 
    • Posted

I should add, If it really feels like an emergency you should of course get it checked out, but from my experince it was anxiety and I tried mindful breathing and it helped. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.