Finding it hard to work

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies, is any one finding it hard to go to work ,been peri for over 4 years the first 4 months did not go to work anxiety was bad but then got back and was doing fine but this last year and a half has been hard

Had to change HRT as my symptoms came back .

I only work part time I do 2 hours on a Tuesday I am a cleaner 5 on wed , Thursdays I pick my nieces up from school have them for3 hours and on Friday I do a cleaning job

I get so tired and my knees ache

Had to have last week off as I was on antibiotics and had a bad reaction too them , feel ok now so going back to work but I start to get abit anxious as I did not go last week ,just get so fed up of it all , I feel like I don't know how I am any more

will be so glad when this is all over but it just not knowing when it will be. My doctors are nor that helpful the lady doctor that deals with this told me what do I expect at my age 50 in July and that ladies in the past just got on with it.

Thank you ladies for been here it is so help knowing you are not on your own.

Take care

Paula

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you i was hit hard in jan with anxiety hot sweats,palpitations and feeling really ill blood tests shown i was in peri after having a hysterectomy 7 years ago at 39 but i kept my ovaries i was on the sick for 2 months then went back part time, i work for asda on the counters iam now back full time 3 8hr shifts and 1 7hr wed to sat and its killing me iam so shattered from night sweats and anxiety in the night and dread going work at dinner knowing iam not home till 8.20pm but been told i will be on report if i have a sick day within next 26 weeks big companies should understand more about how much the menopause impacts on lives and to make it worse we have someone on the sick so 2 days last week i was running the department on my own which is far to much for 1 person let alone with someone going through the bloody menopause so i hear you its crap time of life and i would love nothing more than to give up work and just try to get through this sodding rubbish menopause but bills need paying and thats the only reason i work its not that i enjoy what i do so big hugs to you and i hope you feel a little better again soon xx

• Posted

That is horrible how you are been treated, it is not your fault it make me so mad, we have enough to put up with .I am lucky the people I work for have been really understanding,

like you if I could afford not too work I would not , I feel I need too get my self sorted then I would be able to cope again

Hope you feel better soon

take care xx

• Posted

i find it hard in work too and this has been going on for the last seven years for me. I work 28 hrs now but im in the office everyday and i get anxious because im on my own with a lot of responsibilities which is scary as sometimes i cant even remember my name or spell.

iv was so much better last month but now im hit with a sinus infection which is horrendous pressure in my ears and head. i went to A&E last week as i thought i was having a stroke, body went all tingling and lost balance, couldn't think straight. i just want me back but iv been through so much i cant see that happening. i wouldn't manage without all you supportive ladies so thank you for that and i hope we all feel better soon.

NO BOOK OR ANY DR WARNED US ABOUT THIS X

• Posted

Hi dear

Sorry to hear ur suffering alot

Ur not alone dear

I left my job because of peri symtoms.

i worked in private univ....in starting i took leave for 1 month but my symtoms become worse ..Head pressure and dizziness is too much..i started feeling off balance too then i left my Job and in home only. I feel unsteady in class .not able to concentrate ..soo have to left my job.

Perimenopause made me Home bound..not feel like going anywhere.

suffering from sooo many physical and emotional symtoms of menopause.

Its tought phase of life

Tk

Hang is there.

• Posted

Sorry you had to leave your job it so unfair, no body tell you what going to happen all people talk about is the hot flushes. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I'm 50 and very useless. I work part-time and wouldn't be surprised if they fired me. When I see other women doing their job and so on top of things, I'm just shocked and wonder how they can function. I'm a bit jealous.But yes, I"m having a tough time as well--- sleep, vision, headaches, etc.... Hopefully this will pass soon!!

• Posted

Hi kelly , I feel the Same when I here people talk about work and they are older than me I think how do they do that , make me feel bad .

I all so started with headache, do not sleep well ,just hoping it will end soon x

• Posted

I have contemplated going on sick leave many times. I am a teacher and I love my job, but somedays, I just can't do it. i have gone to work, and then had to go home, many times. And have cried many tears when that happens. One thing I have discovered, thanks to peri, is that we women are resilient. We keep moving forward, even when faced with this. I hope you know you are not alone.

• Posted

I am a teacher too. It is really difficult some days. I really love my job, but with peri, every little thing seems to take more energy....

• Posted

Rebecca, I totally agree. LOVE my job, but it's not a job where you can quietly hide away when the day is rough.

• Posted

You're not alone dear, this is exactly how I felt in the beginning of my peri almost 18 months ago. I had to take many sick days and even on days I worked it was pretty much impossible to get through 8hr days. My anxiety was worse in the beginning plus the daily headaches which are still with me 🙄😰. I took some medical leave and stayed home. I am back to work fulltime now, it's somewhat better than before, maybe my body/mind has learned to cope with it better??? I'm still going through many peri symptoms especially headaches, pressure in my head and ears, muscle aches . I hope we find our normal selves back soon. Take care

• Posted

I can't even think about working, I am so dizzy, I can barely function. I want my old life back. I just want to sob and sob and sob some more. How much can one person endure?!

• Posted

Hi staci, was at work yesterday and was dizzy with me been a cleaner bending down felt really dizzy it can be so hard sometimes

just wish it would end

take care x

• Posted

I forgot to ask. Do you also suffer from anxiety?

• Posted

yes I do, not been too bad lately been too see a counsellor and I did a anxiety course which has help .If I don't feel well that is when i get anxious but I talk too my self telling my self I will be ok it and do some breathing exercise seems to work .

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I am trying to figure out what is real and what is anxiety. It is hard to tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.