Finding this really really hard 😢😢😢

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am just coming up to the end of my second week on 10mg and had a couple of what i would class as good days (not actually that good) i have hot skin to touch mainly my head, neck , it comes and goes but there most of the time , i have really really bad health anxiety so i am thinking of the worst constantly i live near the hospital and on the edge of the sofa just wanting to rush over constantly i get so anxious i get palps and a rush of pins and needles im so scared constantly

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It does get better.

I am on day 22...for the first week I was on 10 MG which has now increased to 20 MG. For the first couple of weeks, I had loss of appetite, extreme tiredness, sweats, increased anxiety and mood swings.

These symptoms have gone now and I feel like "me" again for the first time in a while.

Everyone is different but give Citalopram time to work and even out 😃

• Posted

It will get better. In the meantime, maybe get some benzos to take the edge off. Being patient on a drug like this with anxiety is sooooo hard. Ive been on it for 6 months and still getting used to it, but most of the start up side effects have gone.

• Posted

It does get better I'm on week 5 of citalopram 40mgs an my first 2 mabe 3 weeks I had really really really bad anxiety depression loss appitite terrible sleeping crying always (even over nothing) etc so trust me mate ur not alone!! I would prob say alot of my sysmtems have calmed down quite abit!! So urs will to trust me I was very impatient waiting for these tablets to work but they really do!! Just really need to be patient!! You can do this!! Best of luck!!

• Posted

i am due to start on 20mg tomorrow im scared of the side effects getting worse due to changing dose , i'm already so panicky not hardly eating and really feeling the side effects of starting 10mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.