finelly someone is helping & im startin Orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 4 years of fighting with my doctors about my weight i have finelly been given some thing which i really hope is going to help me. I had to change Doctors to get this help but who cares, know i have a doctor that is listening to me and is at least wanting to help me. I have been so long on my own. Dieting doing it all and nothing was working. My last resort which i have been enquiring about was to get a gastric band this was the extreme that i was going to go through.

i have been reading up on this druga nd it really scares me the side effects. can any one help me out.

i im 26 5ft 10 and weigh 20 stone i would like to loose at least 8 stone eventually how realistic am i really being. does this really work? Has it worked for anyof you ?? i would really like some support and ideas to help me loose weght.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i have been on orlistat for nearly 2 weeks now i have lost 2kg, i have been having meals with no more than 6gm of fat in them... well i have had the odd donner meat in pitta and seem to be fine.. I do have orange oil as bowel movements when i have abit 2 much fat.. but no accidents (touch wood)lol. I am 31 and i did weigh 20st 10 but i am now 19st 5 which i can't remember being below 20 st.. I also want tyo lose around 8 stone but abit at a time is good. i did lose some of the weight on reductil but had bad side effects with this. I hope this is of help to you. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi

I have been on Orlistat a week now. So as we have started the plan together perhaps we could encourage each other on our journey through weight loss.

Best of luck... Mistyang

• Posted

I have not started on orlistat yet as got an appointment next week but been reading up on it. I have to pay for mine as I dont think I am over weight enough for doc to give it to me on script. I suppose I could ask my bmi is 28 so I am just in the level and have high cholesterol and on lipitor for that. I am 12st and was 10 half stone when diagnosed with the high cholesterol which is not due to weight but genetic. I actually didnt know you can get orlistat from doc but after reading these posts some people had a hard job to get it off doc and alot of people weigh more than me so would I get it. I am joining the Boots healthy weight loss programme and it will cost me £10 per week. I feel its worth it if I lose the weight. I did weight watchers got down to weight I wanted and now put it all back on and more!! I would like to lose at least 2stone. Any comments would be welcome. O Ive tried Hoodia that didnt work sad . Good look to you all.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been on Orlistat since Mar 9th and apart from wanting to stay close to the loo on occassions when I have over done it, everything has been going well. In total I have lost 20lbs. This is fantastic for me as I have spent the last 18months going to the gym and trying to loose it that way. The gym has helped, eating healthy has helped and the tablets have helped. You really do have to look at your diet and take the healthy option where possible.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Mandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.