finger clubbing

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have clubbed fingers and toes. I have had the following test which were inconclusive; blood tests, chest x-ray, heart ultra-sound and lung function test. I cannot remember when my fingers became like they are or if they were like that since a young age. I have asthma since a young age, and no other health problems. No one in my family has these symptoms. Please can you advice. Thanks.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had newly onset finger clubbing accompanied by a cough since March 2022.

My consultant has done a battery of tests, but none of the results explain the clubbing.

I've had a chest X-ray, CT scan with contrast, lung function, 6-minute walk test and FBC, ESR, CRP, LFT, U&E blood tests.

All of which have come back normal. My only personal observations are, I have lower SP02 than in the past at 97% instead of 100%.

I'm male, 31 years of age and in remission from childhood blood cancer.

Did anyone get to the bottom of there finger clubbing? And what tests are suggested?

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.